Paspona1
Level 1: Cadet

How long to get upgrade?

PLEASE could someone tell me just how long it takes for a Upgrade to be put on. I ordered a upgrade on the 12th of April. I have now spoken to 5 employees who have each told me 24 to 48 hours. By my calculations it has now been 288 hours. When I ordered the upgrade I was on Essentials which gave me Top Ups. Guess what I can't get the top ups now because I have the order in for the upgrade. So now I have no internet or slowed internet. ALL I AM ASKING is some one tell me the TRUTH and let me know what the hell is going on. Have been with Telstra a very long time now. But after waiting what is now 11 days just for a Upgrade which is going to give the company more money out of my finances you would think that they would STOP saying 24 to 48 hours and just tell me the TRUTH...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How long to get upgrade?

Hi @Paspona1

Very sorry to read about your ongoing account issues and the delays in processing your order. This is well below the standard of service that we expect.

Due to privacy and security reasons we are unable to access most account related information via. Crowd Support as a whole. If the accounts team is not able to assist on 13 22 00 I recommend you raise a complaint and have a case manager assigned to your account via the following link: https://tel.st/nx4bx

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KathleenC
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you used the link to raise a complaint or speak to a team member to discuss your account issues Paspona1 ?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Paspona1

Every time I try to do the complaint form it won't go through. Asks for a valid birth date. Pretty sure I know my birth date. Rang again two days ago got told again 24 to 48 hours. Yep still nothing has change. Am so very much over this... I swear to god if I am charged any extra on anything I will be going off. It has now been 14 days for a Upgrade... Not Good Service at all.
KathleenC
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Not good to read the birth date is not being accepted.

Our Complaints Team are open from 9am EST Tomorrow and can lodged the complaint for you their number is 132200 a free call from a Telstra service.

You can also clear you cache and try another browser.

Paspona1

Will try again but will not hold my breath. Upside my internet that I do have only has 3 days before going back up to 100.. Yippee. That seemed to happen faster than the upgrade.
KathleenC
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Let me know what happens when you try again.

alby1
Level 2: Rookie

You guys are pretty good,april 12 lodged a complaint about a static IP address I’m being charged for but do not have one yet went online to complaint dept. got transferred to 6 different departments now the 26th and have not heard from anybody try and get in touch with my complaints manager but she never in and never returns emails, I suppose it’s been put in the too hard department

@KathleenC wrote:

Let me know what happens when you try again.

Paspona1

So rang complaints and she said she could do nothing as it had to do with NBN so she put me on hold to NBN. Was on hold for 30 mins but had to hang up as it was my lunch break. No I got no where. I did get three emails but first one to thank me for contacting. Second one was apparently I had requested a copy of my bill and Third one was information about my new plan???? Which by the way I haven't got. This is all going so well.
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry to hear of the frustration caused with your Static IP address being charged incorrectly Ably. This is something our chat team here  https://tel.st/ytexs can resolve but if you lodged a complaint, we will need your case manager to handle this. Can you please provide the complaint reference number? This will start with an SR 1-1. 

alby1

1-1989245988480
alby1

Problem is my case manager will not respond to my calls or my emails
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Not good to hear and sorry for any frustration caused. I have passed this onto your case manager to call ASAP. This may take 2 to 5 business days though. Please let us know if you have not heard from them in this time. 

alby1

Mate I have left calls and emails but to no avail, will let you know if anything happens but don’t hold your breath
alby1

Heard from my old case manager on Friday to tell me once again it’s been transferred to another department and assigned to a new case manager which I still haven’t heard from, all this just for a static IP address, plus just received my next bill and quess what it says my IP address is active the only problem is that that IP address is my old ADSL I am not going to pay for the IP address on my bill plus still waiting for the credit which said I would get from my old bill,would very much appreciate it if you could sort it out
KieranB
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. 

Sorry for the frustration here, I appreciate that you would like static IP address restored as soon as possible.

I've contacted the complaints team and requested that this case be treated as a priority. Please let me know if you have not heard anything further within 48 hours.

-Kieran

alby1

Well at long last I now have a static IP address only after contacting the CEO of telstra it still took 2weeks but it’s all resolved, it seems a pity that you have to go to this extreme just to get something done

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit