mph
Level 3: Gumshoe

How to actually get help from Telstra

My internet connection with Telstra is terrible. What's worse is Telstra's service. Ive been trying to resolve the issue repeatedly for 2 months. I've instigated numerous online chat's, telephone calls, messages etc, but end up being given the same information repeatedly (restart modem etc), with no resolution. I have wasted hours on hold or in messages, with no resolution. I have given my personal details and information about the fault repeatedly, with no resolution. We have 5 people working / schooling from home, with substandard wifi. We are in lockdown, in this is causing more anxiety.

How is it possible to actually get someone to help from Telstra, or should I give up and go to another provider?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How to actually get help from Telstra

Hi, what sort of of problems are you having? Just Wi-Fi issues (which will be in your local modem and home network).

What NBN and Telstra equipment do you have?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
mph

Hi there - wifi dropping in and out and very slow at times. My main question though is how to get Telstra to help?

SteveW_52

Other than the avenues you have used, you can also contact Telstra via social pages - Facebook and Twitter..

Here in CrowdSupport, it is mostly customer to customer support, but we can help you diagnose issues you are experiencing and sometimes even resolve them. In the process customers can learn a little bit more about resolving problems.

For instance, in your case there is not enough information as to what is actually happening to your service or what service and equipment (especially the modem) you have installed.

If you happen to have a Telstra Smart  Modem 2, a quick test to determine if it is a service problem or a modem/network problem, I would suggest you disconnect the internet service (either the red WAN or grey DSL) cable from the modem and wait a few minutes for the modem to switch to 4G Backup mode. That should show as a steady blue indication on the front of the modem. Does your issue contine when you are in that mode?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
mph

Thanks mate - I appreciate you trying to help. I've tried that with the modem multiple times but the problem persists. I'll keep trying to get hold of Telstra

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit