Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to cancel the service now?

Answered

Hey contributors,

I need to move house and want to cancel the existing telstra service. Given the fact that no call will be taken unless emergency these days how I can do that? I searched everywhere in manage account and there is no option to cancel the service. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: How to cancel the service now?

You'll need to call 13 22 00 during business hours and say disconnect to get in touch with the disconnections team.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You'll need to call 13 22 00 during business hours and say disconnect to get in touch with the disconnections team.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi jet78

Best of luck with the cancellation of a Telstra phone service, I've been trying for 3 weeks to do the same for my deceased mother's account , calling 13 22 00 does not give you the option for saying disconnect , I waited for 45 minutes for an operator and gave up , I've sent 3 messages over the last 2 weeks to the online chat help facility without any reply, I downloaded the Telstra App and I am still not able to cancel. I'm going to try visiting a Telstra Store but don't hold much hope given the current situation. It will make for an interesting refund conversation if and when Telstra revert to some semblance of normal customer service. 

Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director

@Sporadic12 go into a Telstra store with the death certificate and follow the bereavements process to either disconnect the service or transfer it to someone else. The bereavements process usually takes 7 business days but allow slightly longer given the current situation, at least if you go instore and do it  the billing team can give you a credit for any charges you incur after the date you go instore.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Level 2: Rookie

Hi jhwiz

Thank you for your reply , I will do as you suggest because nothing else works although I am still at a loss why I am not able to do this online , I was the enduring power of attorney and I am the executor of my mother's estate , prior to her death I handled all of her financial matters , payments , receipts and communications with Telstra , there appears to be some failing with the Telstra online cancellation facility. Also I don't think that visiting a Telstra shop for a cancellation qualifies as essential travel during these times.

Highlighted

Omg i am in the same situation and their service is terrible. I couldn't talk to anyone on 132200.

Did you figure out how?

Any help would be great Smiley Sad 

Highlighted

No telecommunications provider allows customers the ability to cancel online, it simply wouldn’t be in their interests to, they manage disconnection requests with retention of customers in mind as well as helping resolve any potential issues. Your only option really is to go instore, or move your current service to your new address.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

Any luck?

I am moving overseas and trying to cancel my service for internet at home.  The phone number doesnt work - it keeps texting me the app info and hangs up.  Apparently no one is working in customer  service due to covid.  Can't imagine how bad their service would be if the pandemic was bad.  Tried the app but it won't cancel online.  Tried twitter and they tell me to call customer service.  I have been trying for days to get a live person.

@nanana wrote:

Omg i am in the same situation and their service is terrible. I couldn't talk to anyone on 132200.

Did you figure out how?

Any help would be great Smiley Sad 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit