Level 1: Cadet

How to change ADSL password

I've just swapped to Telstra for ADSL and connected the new Smart modem. I've entered the username and temporary password into the PPP Credential Settings in the modem's control panel, and it's connected to the internet ok. How do I now change the temporary password to one that is more secure?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How to change ADSL password

You should be able to change the password by logging into Telstra My Account, going to settings top right and then select Personal details. There is an option for changing password which should also change ADSL password.

Thanks for your quick response, @cf4 . I'm still stuck, though. Smiley Sad

The Personal Details page allows me to change the password associated with my Telstra My Account username (which is different to my ADSL account username & password, as expected), but I cannot see any mention of the ADSL username / password. The Account Settings tab only allows me to change my account nicknames, not the passwords.

Try logging into Telstra My account using the ADSL username and password. You will have to close and reopen browser or log out of any Telstra account that uses your other username and password before going to Telstra My Account.

That let me log in, but there were no services attached. I tried adding the service but that failed. I might try the 24/7 chat...

Thanks anyway.

Did you have a change personal details in settings menu?

The Settings > Personal Details option brings me to the screen shown below.

The Username & Password section is my overall account login, not the login for my ADSL service.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit