Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to Fix home IP address

Answered

Hi, 

I have tried adding in the Telstra NBN Modem -> Advanced -> Local Network, Under Static Leases.

However, it just keeps disappearing after I saved it.

Could you please assist? Is this the right way to set the home IP Address to be fixed?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How to Fix home IP address

The IP address that  whatismyip.com displays in the public IP address of your router. If you have a server set up that you want to access remotely a port forwarding rule has to be set up and you access the server remotely by using public IP address followed by the port. Example to access a web server on your network use [Public IP]:80

A public static IP cost $10 an month extra and requires no settings in the modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Yes that the correct way for setting a static IP address on the LAN. Are you clicking on the tick to the right of the IP address before saving?

Highlighted

Hi, Yes I tried again and made sure I clicked the blue button on on the right of the IP and now it's added successfully. I've rebooted the modem and my laptop and checked the static IP that I've added is still there.

However, when I check my laptop what IP I'm using (via whatismyip.com), it's still not the same ip that i've set in the modem. Why is that?

Please help. 

Highlighted

I have made sure that it's the correct hostname and MAC Address. and I just picked an ip between the DHCP start address and DHCP end address.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The IP address that  whatismyip.com displays in the public IP address of your router. If you have a server set up that you want to access remotely a port forwarding rule has to be set up and you access the server remotely by using public IP address followed by the port. Example to access a web server on your network use [Public IP]:80

A public static IP cost $10 an month extra and requires no settings in the modem.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit