Jeandre
Level 2: Rookie

How to get in contact with a case manager?

Have been having issues with our Oppo 5G on pre paid contract for well over 10 months. After a major struggle with customer service, we finally got some traction with the issue due to one employee finally giving us the time and having a look at the phone to confirm that it is faulty. After long winded conversations with case managers they agreed that we can cancel the Oppo contract at no cost of our own and they will also back pay 10 months of the Oppo bills - as this is how long we've been trying to get the issue solved and the system shows someone has been closing off all our online complaints raised without actually contacting us. Went into the Telstra store we signed the contract at to cancel the Oppo contract, but they could not confirm to us that we won't be paying the early termination charges, as the system will automatically assign it to our next bill. They were more than happy to try and sign us up to a new contract though before actually solving our existing issue... We've now had to raise a new online case (#05761584) just to try and get a confirmation/credit that says we won't be expected to pay this early termination charge, as agreed. This case was raised 21 January, and since we've again had no contact from the case manager. On four different occasions now I've used the online chat to ask on the progress of my case and on all four occasions they assured someone will be in contact within 24-48 hours. Still nothing. The last conversation I was assured someone WILL most definitely contact me in 3-4 business days as the accounts team will look into it. It's now been 5 business days and no contact? Bare in mind we've continued doing the right thing from our end, always paying bills on time etc...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How to get in contact with a case manager?

One of the Telstra Staff members who monitor Crowdsupport may be able to send your Case Manager a message asking them to get in contact with you, but that's about all that can be done.

If your Case Manager isn't getting back to you, you do have the option to raise a complaint with the Ombudsman (tio.com.au) who can help chase it up for you.

In reality, the Case Manager should have cancelled the MRO agreement for you, arranged the refund and send you a return satchel for the phone. You should not have needed to go into a store to do anything other than select a new phone (and there would have been nothing stopping the Case Manager from organising that as well).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jeandre

Thanks for the reply. Yeh I thought I'd post on here in the hopes that someone who can help reads it and takes the customer service a bit more serious. At this stage I think an Ombudsman might be our best approach, was even thinking of stopping our bill payments as I'm sure they'll take that more seriously...

But yeh, Perth store was some what helpful in getting the ball rolling, but said we have to return to the store that we signed the contract at to cancel (Subiaco)? And they just try and sign us over onto a new contract and shrug their shoulders when we're actually trying to get some information on how to approach and solve the existing issues

Jupiter

Stopping Bill payments should be seen as an action of last resort as it will result in a record being placed against your credit rating which can be hard to remove.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jeandre.

Sorry to hear of the lack of follow-up you have had with your complaint regarding your Oppo phone. Did you have your complaint case manager reference number handy? I will follow up with the case manager for you. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jeandre

Hi Tom. The current and most recent case number is #05761584. Thanks

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for confirming that Jeandre. 

I have gone ahead checked the complaint reference 05761584 and have now reached out directly to your complaint case manager and their supervisor via email. I have requested that they contact you via phone as soon as they are available to update you the status of your complaint and resolution details.

If you have not received contact from your case manager within 2 business days (as I am not privy to the case managers individual work schedule), please come back & let us know here so we can take the next steps to follow up on your behalf.

Thanks for your patience here. 

Regards -

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Jeandre

Thanks Tom, appreciate it. Will let you know if there’s no follow up 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

No worries Jeandre. Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the rest of your night/morning. - Tom

Jeandre

Hi Tom. Another week and zero contact from the case manager. We've now gone ahead and registered a complaint with an ombudsman to hopefully get some traction on the issue

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jeandre. 

That is very disappointing to hear. I have reached out again to the case manager for you. I will update you if/when I hear anything back. 

Moving forward, now that there is an open Telecommunication Industry Ombudsmen (TIO) complaint, the TIO then has 10 business days to liaise with Telstra about your complaint at which time they will then be in contact with you to advise of their initial findings & what the next steps entail to begin getting this resolved.

Please keep us updated & we will assist where possible but at this point any questions or updates you have need to be directed to the TIO as part of their open complaint process. If you need to update your complaint details with the TIO you can do this online here https://tel.st/ukddl & you can also see the TIO complaint process summary here https://tel.st/wr86c.

Regards - 

Jeandre

Hi Tom. After organising with the case manager to contact us today (Friday) to finally cancel this mobile plan over the phone we again received no call. Called Telstra who checked up on the case number and said that the case has been closed by the case manager, Allan, yet we received no further contact and no further progress with this issue 

OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Afternoon Jeandre, the case is currently showing as withdrawn on the system.

Did you hear from the case manager at all re the withdraw?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jeandre

Afternoon. We did not, no. We organised a call back with the case manager for Friday 27 Feb as he said he will call us, cancel the plan over the phone and leave us to hand the device back in store. Received no call, and after checking with Telstra customer service Friday late afternoon, they said the case had been mark as withdrawn 

LukeV
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, I've reached out to our allocations team and have requested it to be re-opened.

I'll let you know if I get an update on when you will get contacted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit