Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to get nbn technician, How to track a parcel with no tracking no: given & how to contact Telstra

On the 8th of Sep 2020 i contacted Telsra on "messages" & created a new plan with them for NBN, as my current service "Cable is ending on the 13th Nov 2020". This was all done no order has arrived nor was i given an order NO: to track, i should be receiving "Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2" so i can set it up. I also need who is it ? to install the 3 boxes 1 out side & the 2 boxes inside the home. what's the NO: to call that how much is that ? i thought NBN co goes to every house & installs those 3 them selfs i heard they drop a card on the mail box with a date & time they will arrive. I need them/some 1 to install the 3 boxes, then i can put in my new modem to that then i am all set.then call up telstra if possible to activate the new service. Now i can't even get in contact with them on either msg's or on the phone says to download on app for support then the phone hangs up.

So if any 1 that is on the waives of the wiser & can help me out with a NO: to call for some 1 to come for the 3 boxes to install that would be great. NSW Blacktown area. Preferably Telstra people.

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How to get nbn technician, How to track a parcel with no tracking no: given & how to contact

IF NBN Co is using HFC in your area (go to nbnco.com.au and type in your address to check), then all that is required is an NBN connection device (a black modem) and the Telstra Smart Modem.

You should receive a message with the Date and Time that the NBN Co technician is coming to do the installation (ie plug in the black modem).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Re: How to get nbn technician, How to track a parcel with no tracking no: given & how to contact

I had an email say this to me, Contact us to avoid disconnection in accordance with government policy, the copper network your home phone and internet currently runs on will soon be disconnected to make way for nbn.

To keep your services working, you need to switch to nbn before 13 November 2020.
Disconnection
Date From
13 Nov 2020Also i have a Black modem for say 3-4 yrs now. when i made the new order to have NBN with them they said i needed this - Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2. This is what they have sent out. still waiting for it.

Highlighted

A Telstra Cable modem is different to an NBN HFC connection device (although they are the same, they are different models and capabilities). The Telstra Smart Modem plugs into the NBN HFC connection device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I understand this 100% i still need to some how get in contact with customer service, on finding were my order is & then how to proceed from this, If need be for an NBN utility box installed out side as my current out side box is foxtel green.

This is what im trying to say pls do hear me out. & thank you by the way. you are a helper & i appreciate it tons.

Ok so my Cable gets disconnected on the 13th Oct 2020, i messaged them & made a new Plan agreement for NBN thus still waiting on my order that was created on the 8th/Sep/2020. They then said 4 days to get to me then said 10 days due to Covid no issues. Tho it's been some time, im thinking was the order & plan actually made or not. the process for this agreement took me 4hrs on the message thing on my pc.

Highlighted

They shouldn't need to change anything on your house to change over to NBN HFC as it is the same cable and external connection to your house.

To contact Telstra, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit