Level 1: Cadet

how to get out of telstra

Guys Their site has no way to remove myself from them , i have no contract with them they have billed me extra 5 dollars on my plan i had which now i logged onto their site I see they wrote this " We've upgraded your plan to include 5G network access for no extra cost. 5G rolling out in selected areas. 5G compatible device required." now the billing is 65 per month not the 60 i signed for and have paid up to this last bill and have no emials saying their was a price increase , have already spoken to the ombudsman about this as their is NO way to contact them NONE , their site runs you no where their app is the same even on the site I cant cancel my phone with them ..so how do I do this cancel to go with another provider ??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: how to get out of telstra

Simplest way is to port your service to another provider (you do that when you sign up with another provider). That way you keep your number. Your Telstra service will be automatically cancelled by the porting process (you will need to payout the remaining cost of any handset).

If you want to chat with a Telstra consultant about the current charges, you can send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you will receive a notification through the app when a consultant responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit