sma888
Level 4: Private Eye

How to get technical support

Yesterday I lost my NBN connection and my modem fell back to 4G backup. While I still had my internet, I am getting 15-20 mbps download speep instead of 40-50 mbps. Since I haven't contacted tech support for more than 2 years, I was having difficulties finding where to contact them. I found the smart troubleshooting tools. I spent about three hours (4-7pm) via online chat and results was that a NBN technician was booked in to check my connection. But one hour later at 8pm, I received a SMS message saying my nbn issue had been fixed and the ticket was closed. I was shocked because my NBN connection was still down. I went back to smart troubleshooting and I found it weird that The support staff wanted to redo all the trouble shooting again. All I asked them was to confirm if my NBN appointment was still on. I began to realise I might be talking to a robot speaking via some prewritten script. My questions are: 1. is this Smart trouble shooting tools in fact robot?  2) where can I contact human technical support staff to resolve my lost of nbn connection issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How to get technical support

You can call 132203 to get through to faults.

Unfortunately it is fairly common for NBN Co to cancel appointments like that. They do a remote check of the line, and if they can't see a problem (which doesn't include low speeds) they cancel the appointment without verifying with the customer that the problem has been resolved.

You are then stuck contacting Telstra again, and yes, you are stuck going back through the troubleshooting again as NBN Co won't accept a works request without it being done each time.

This may happen a couple of times before NBN Co look at the problem properly. If it happens a third time, while you still need to get Telstra to re-book, you should also lodge a complaint about NBN Co with the Ombudsman (tio.com.au) as they should be confirming the resolution of problem before cancelling a booking.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
sma888
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: How to get technical support

Thanks Jupiter for your prompt response. I now have a much better idea about the steps to follow when I need to seek assistance from Telstra Technical Support.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit