Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to set up messagebank with wifi calling?

How do i set up messagebank with wifi calling? If I call 101 I get the msg these calls are unavailable from this service.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to set up messagebank with wifi calling?

Wifi calling is the same as when your phone uses the mobile network. All of your messages will go to 101 message bank unless you have other rules in place. 

For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Maybe in theory. As I said,  If I call 101 I get the msg these calls are unavailable from this service. This is not consistent with the mobile network situation. There is a problem. How do i fix it?

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@gvm771 wrote:

Maybe in theory. As I said,  If I call 101 I get the msg these calls are unavailable from this service. This is not consistent with the mobile network situation. There is a problem. How do i fix it?

Hi @gvm771 

Hmmm, I haven't heard of that issue before.

To clarify, if you turn OFF WiFi calling message bank 101 works again?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Theory applies to both, if its not working youll need to call mobile support on 13 22 00

For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi - Maybe as you are actually not on the mobile phone network for setting up your mobile phone voice mail, the process could follow how it can be done from a landline. Have you tried the suggestion in this post? https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/pre-paid-mobiles/retrieve-voicemail-from-an-other-phone-and-c...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit