DaveBryant21
Level 1: Cadet

I am in Credit after cancelling from Telstra and I just want my $$ reimbursed to me

In June 2020 I moved from Telstra to its sister company 'Belong'... My final account shows a $22.35 Credit but trying to get this money reimbursed to my Bank Account from Telstra is like trying to get blood from a stone. I have tried their automated 'Online Chat' but it is now a computerised service rather than an actual person. Is there another source within Telstra whereby an accounts person will simply recognise the Credit owed to me and conduct the Credit to my Visa card?.... I think the way I am going I will still be in Credit in a decade and we will be chatting about how awful Telstra are with credits well in to retirement!... Dave, NSW.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I am in Credit after cancelling from Telstra and I just want my $$ reimbursed to me

There are actual people on the Automated Chat once you get past Codi. Type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It will probably take a few hours to get an initial response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit