Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I DIDN"T WANT MY NBN DISCONNECTED, NOT I CANT GET IT RECONNECTED!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

Well Telstra,

I originally had by NBN connection with another provider and had nothing but problems. I cancelled my contract with them and decided to go to Telstra. When signing up I was told that I could keep my number that I had with the other provider but would take up to 40 days for it to come across. I decided to go ahed and join up with Telstra on the 25th of April. After 38 days I called up NBN to enquire on the progress of having my number ported across. I spoke to Karam (#712524)  and was told that there was no order in place. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he was the only person that I could speak to.

I called up the next day and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to Parizad ().#D701079 Conversation reference number #1-199978667842. I explained the situation to her and she said that the home phone would have to be disconnected within 24 hours. I would then have the phone put back on and the old number back within 24 - 48 hours.

The next day the home phone was disconnected as expected. What was not expected was that my NBN connection would also be disconnected. I called the NBN department again and asked to speak to Parizad (#D701079) again. I asked why our internet was also disconnected. She said it had to be. I asked why I wasn't told that the internet was going to be cut off. She said "How do you think the internet works". I asked when this was going to be corrected and she said another 24 to 48 hours. I asked if that meant Saturday and she said either saturday or monday. When questioned about saturday or monday she would not give an answer. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was told that she was the highest person available. I asked how I can make a complaint about her. She then said that she was going to disconnect the call. I asked again how do I make a complaint about her. She said that her supervisor will call me within 24 hours. That call never happened. That evening I received an email saying that I have an appointment with Telstra between 8am and 12pm on the 23rd of June.

The next day I called 13 22 00 and got onto the complaints department. They said that I would have to contract the NBN department to lodge a complaint in regards to the NBN. I explained that it was the NBN depatrment that has caused the problems and I cant complain to them because of that fact. She then said that she will transfer me to her supervisor but cant guarantee any progress due to it being the wrong department. Supervisors name is Carly (#D398696) . I explained to her the situation and she gave each mobile service an additional 15Gb at no cost. She then put me through to connections where they will connect home phone and ADSL while we wait for the NBN to be reconnected. The ADSL connection never happened even though I was told that it was activated while I was on the phone to them.

I received a call the next day and had my appointment brought forward to the 19th of June between 10am and 2pm.

Tonight (less than 24 hours before my appointment), I received a message telling me that my appointment has been cancelled.

I called the NBN department to ask them that the hell is happening and they told me their computers were down and couldn't help me.

I called the complaints department again and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was put through to a receptionist who was NOT a supervisor but was someone that took details of complaints so that a case manager could be allocated. Call ref SR1-210400348588. They took complaint and said call will be returned in 24-48 hours I explained that I wanted my NBN to be reconnected by Friday (2 days) or I want my contract cancelled with Telstra and would be going to the ombudsman. Ruth said that she would follow my complaint up tomorrow morning when she starts at 10am.

Telstra, what the hell are you doing and when are you going to fix you stuffups? No-one there seems to want to take responsibility.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: I DIDN"T WANT MY NBN DISCONNECTED, NOT I CANT GET IT RECONNECTED!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

Hi mpforum, I hope the connection can be completed for you soon and I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing wait for the transfer of your service. From the details I can find on the reference you've provided (SR 1-210400348588) a new order has been lodged with an appointment for the afternoon (between 1pm and 5pm) of Saturday June 21. We can help follow up with the case manager of the complaint if this appointment is postponed or if there's anything further they can help with. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Re: I DIDN"T WANT MY NBN DISCONNECTED, NOT I CANT GET IT RECONNECTED!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

Well Greg,

The appointment for Saturday (today) was cancelled AGAIN yesterday with less that 24 hours notice and as before, no one can tell me why.

Should I even expect this to be sorted considering that I have been having nothing but trouble and stuff ups by Telstra since the 25th of April?

Dean.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi mpforum, 

I have followed this up with the case manger & requested you be contacted as soon as possible

Apologies for any inconvenience

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

This just keeps getting better with you lot. Now I've got an early termination bill for a connection that I didn't want disconnected. Fantastic customer service by Telstra.

Highlighted

Well, now I'm having my NBN reconnected on the 31st of July.My question is will it be this year or another. This is pathetic. Nothing but problems since the 25th of April. I'm sick of hearing 'Sorry to hear that'. Stop giving excuses, empty apologies, an unprofessional Indian NBN team, and no internet or home phone for ages. Just give me my frigging internet and home phone back.
Highlighted

Oh this is getting even better now.

After getting touch with the TIO, I got someone from Telstra who was keen to get me sme type of internet access. I was supplied another T-Gateway and a 4G USB Modem. They had NOT been configured to work with each other in a bridged configuration so I get in touch with Telstra 24x7 to get this resolved. They told me that this was possible but only through Telstra Platinum of which I must pay for.

So lets get this straight. I have been stuffed around since the 25th of April. No internet and no home phone and I am trying to start a business which relies on internet connectivity and a home phone for A/H emergencies for clients. I get supplied with a T-Gateway and 4G USB Modem which isn't set up and I am expected to pay to get it going yet I was told this was supplied to get this done.

What type of circus are you bunch of mongs running there? This is certainly nothing short of pathetic. I have already lodged a complaint with the TIO after over 2 months of getting nowhere at all, and now you lot expect me to pay to get a BASIC internet service half running and still have no home phone?

Question 1: What are you going to do about this?

Question 2: When will this be done?

Question 3: Do you expect to get anything together so you can actually give a proper service for what I have paid for?

Question 4: Considering how long this has been going on for, what type of compensation are you going to give me? Oh, and I am well aware of the CSG as well. WELL AWARE, so what is going to be done there. I also have not excluded the chance of launching action for loss of wages wither considering I have had no income sine my NBN was disconnected,.

Question 5: What is going to happen to the people that I dealt with in the Indian NBN team who act like they have no-one to answer to and are a law unto themselves? I have their names and Telstra numbers too.

I'm really looking forware to your replies for ALL off my 5 points.

Dean.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Heya Dean,

It is my understand that the case is currently being managed, however it appears you are not satisfied with the way in which your complaint is being handled and I do apologise.

However, as there is already a Case Manager involved and you will be contacted with 10 business of lodgement; I advise awaiting contact from your Case Manager.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

So know how that feels I have ad no internet for the past two weeks because of these nit wits that cancelled my internet without my knowledge and now I am having drama upon drama getting it back on.  The nit wits just need to re instate my account as i have everything here to have it back on.

Oh and they can't return phone calls - how unusual.  Maybe the Federal Government needs to take a good hard look at our telecommunications as Telstra you are not making it easy for the australian people but simply harder and you keep billing us for somehting you stuffed up.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit