Level 1: Cadet

I have upgraded my broadband to NBN, I cannot see it in my existing account (using the 24/7 app)

Answered

I need assistance, the new NBN account is not showing in my Home account.

I have a sneeky feeling that the account has been linked to my business instead of my personal account (But I can't find it linked to any business account either), because some of the new account details/emails/confirmations where sent to my business email address and some to my personal email address.

e.g. the new NBN modem was sent to a business address (not even mine but to our accounts email). the new account details where sent to my business email and to set up a technician, was sent to my personal email address.

For the life of me, I don't know how my business became entangled in my Home internet, because they are seperate and I just upgraded Home broadband.

Firstly I need to find the account, I think I have the details because I received 'Email bill is active on your account' with an account number, but it didn't mention what it was for and it was addressed to my business email, therefore I didn't verify the email; address as I though it was spam.

Secondly, once found, I need it transferred to my person account that currently has the old Broadband account attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: I have upgraded my broadband to NBN, I cannot see it in my existing account (using the 24/7 app)

A good step for you...  you should buy a lottery ticket!!

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12

Re: I have upgraded my broadband to NBN, I cannot see it in my existing account (using the 24/7 app)

Most of us here in CrowdSupport are customers just like no and not Telstra employees. So we have no access to your account information (which is as it should be). You might need to do a bit of self help to understand what has happened..

if you didn't give Telstra your correct account number when  arranging it, Telstra must have incorrectly picked up you name as being associated with the business account and locked onto that, rather than look further.

Have you tried looking at your business account for the 'missing' service?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

Thanks Stevo 52,

Fully understand what CrowdSupport is all about.

I suppose I'm just a little frustrated, because I'm unable to communicate with a 'person' to obtain clarity and assistance. I have no where else to turn too!

To answer your questions: 

(Have you tried looking at your business account for the 'missing' service?)

The new account number is not showing within any of my business accounts.

(if you didn't give Telstra your correct account number when  arranging it)

Using the Telstra 24/7 app, on my ipad and then within my existing home broadband details, I selected upgrade to the NBN and then followed the prompts. So one would have assumed that they would have based the information from the home account that I was in and the existing broadband details????

Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi @sdh000 

I would not assume anything when it comes to Telstra.

My services were disconnected on the 24th September.

Though know can tell me why, So I ordered a new service, That wont connect because apparently I still have a service.

Yes I have used the my Telstra app (biggest waist of my time ever)

Finally got through to some one on the phone

Now have it escalated to an internal team. estimated fix time 6th October.

I have sent you a private msg that may help.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

I am not sure I assume anything when dealing with Telstra at present, the level of knowledge demonstrated in chats doesn't leave me with any arm and fuzzies!! 

I spell things out several times, confirm it again when agreeing in the last stages and always get a transcript and reference numbers..  

Stevo 52

@SteveW_52 

They refused to give me reference numbers, after I pointed out that the sr (service request/ complaint number) they had apparently raised was fake. 

Also refused to give me there employee number.

Told me i would here back from them in 24hours on the 27th September.

Still waiting.... started my own escalation process again.

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan

You might try lodging a formal complaint, that way you'll get a case manager assigned to do the sorting out.

No reference numbers is not good! Do you have the chat transcripts?

Stevo 52

Hi Rohan,

Really appreciate your assistance and private message.

I’ll try the suggestion you put forward. I hope you have success on your end.

What’s the best way to lodge a formal complaint?

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Stevo 52

@SteveW_52 

I have the lovely Josey from Telstra working from home in SA taking care of it atm.

She only has one other I'T support staff on today and tomorrow is a public holiday in SA.

So no need for an official complaint......YET

I know no reference number/ Interaction number isn't good and it is against Telstra's own rules.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/accounts-plans/what-reference-numbers-can-i-obtain-from-telst...

I did screen shot the conversation, but there really isn't anything there, just a load of bs Trying to palm me off, not realizing I talk Telstra lingo. Then they just couldn't weight to get rid of me. the messaging app conversation ended with. Telstra. Is there anything else I can help you with today. Me! not unless you are actually going to provide me with an interaction/ reference number. Chat ended

Rohan

@sdh000 

Thankyou and good luck, Hope I have helped in some way.

I will have success, I have never failed to get Telstra to fix something before.

Just take's lots of patience and knowledge.

Rohan
Accepted Solution

A good step for you...  you should buy a lottery ticket!!

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit