Level 1: Cadet

I need another payment extension.

I need a payment extension to 4 November. I am disabled and I do not have a 'phone of any kind, only a computer. How on earth do I get in touch with Telstra when Livechat no longer works. The internet is my only way of keeping in touch with the outside world in locked down Melbourne. Help please!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I need another payment extension.

Go to https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/payment-extension and fill out the form to request an extension.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 21: Augmented

It's not 'live', but the chat window is still available..

If you log in to your account at My Account - https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home  then on the menu bar of the page, click on Help and select 24/7 Chat to get to the chat window. Note that the Chat window doesn't work on some browsers - Chrome does work!

You get to see Codi try and help you..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Yes I have done that, it will not give me a extension to the date I need.

Thanks.

Yes I tried that. No help if you do not have a phone of any type, like me.

Level 21: Augmented

If you get to the chat widow, explain that you do not have a phone to receive the notifications and verifications on. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

In the chat window, try typing "Financial Hardship"

If that doesn't work, then it's going to be a case of borrowing a phone or finding a payphone and calling 132200 and saying "Financial Hardship" at the prompt. That is the team who can assist with your query.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I just wish the chat window still had a human to talk to.

Thanks.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit