DS20000
Level 1: Cadet

I want to set a static public IP address for my ADSL router

Currently there is no option in modem settings to do so?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: I want to set a static public IP address for my ADSL router

A Static IP is an extra cost item which you need to order from Telstra. I have had one for years and can't remember the process, but it is still there after a few changes in NBN Internet service, upgrades and the like.

I don't know if the systems have been updated to allow self serving to obtain one.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

A static IP address cost a extra $10 per month and you need to contact Telstra support to have it added to your account. Once added the Telstra server will assign the same static IP address to your modem each time it connects. There is no need to change any settings in the modem.

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @DS20000,

If you're looking to have a Static IP address, have a chat with us via the app. I'm confident we can get this added for you Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit