Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

ID and Password change

I have just got my new NBN smart modem but can't seem to login to the system on 192.168.0.1 with the password supplied to me. Do you have to be connected to it via a LAN cable as I can't log in using WIFI

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: ID and Password change

You first need to connect to the Smart Modem via its wifi access point. Then you should be able to access the gateway at ip address 192.168.0.1

And yeah connecting to the Smart Modem via ethernet cable may be the easier option for you.

If you are still having trouble then do a hard factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10-15 seconds on the Smart Modem. 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, I did connect via the wifi and went to the gateway 192.168.0.1 which did take me to the sign in screen. I tried signing in to it using the same ID and password that I used to initially connect to the new modem but it wouldn't sign in. 

I have successfully signed into the system but I can't get in to change the password to what I want it to be

Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi - if you have logged in to the modem's admin Home page using default 'admin' and 'Telstra' as password, then accessed User Settings to change your credentials, are you saying it won't save them? 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit