twoharts
Level 1: Cadet

If i cancel my Telstra Broadband service do I lose my bigpond.net.au email address?

aaa

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: If i cancel my Telstra Broadband service do I lose my bigpond.net.au email address?

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/faq/can-i-keep-my-telstra-email-address-if-i-close...

Not sure how current that information is...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
twoharts
Level 1: Cadet

Re: If i cancel my Telstra Broadband service do I lose my bigpond.net.au email address?

Thanks, the link may be outdated, according to other provider, Telstra charge $79 per year to keep a Telstra email address. It would pay to check this directly with Telstra.

SteveW_52

If youi cancel, if you advise Telstra that you want to keep the email, they will let you do that, and charge $0 for the first 12 months, then the charge you annually..  Why would take the word of another provider over what Telstra states?

But I don't need to check it..  you were the one asking the question??

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Hey twoharts, it's $0 for the first 12 months and then $79 thereafter annually - important to note that this is per email, so if you have multiple they have their own fee. So you can keep it at no cost for 12 months, enough time to change to something else and set up redirections, then you can let us know to cancel it when you're done with it. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@WillowR Telstra stopped doing the paid service in September 2020.

@twoharts the information in the link that @SteveW_52 provided is correct.

The current situation is that you can keep your Telstra Mail service for 12 months after you cancel your services (for $0) and then the Telstra Mail accounts are automatically cancelled. They cannot be extended beyond the 12 month window.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ozmoz

Hi @twoharts 

Further to what has been posted here.

Should you join another provider that offers email addresses I suggest you don't use that service.

Get yourself your own domain, or a freebie such as Gmail/Outlook. Then they will always follow you no matter what provider you are with.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit