Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Impossible Support

My business broadband has been down for well over a week. Been trying to get it solved. But I can't get through to Telstra by phone. They send me a link to text support!!

REALLY was my first thought! But I wen't with it, cause which choice do I have?

My question is mainly to Telstra. On a scale between -100 to +100, how successful would you rate your support given the below text support conversation?

15 NOV
Michael xxx:
Hi Telstra, my Internet keeps dropping out. When I reboot my router, it will start working again for a few minutes (5-10) and then drop out again until next time I reboot. Can you help?
Last time it did this was a few weeks ago and a colleague of yours solved it with a remote reset. Maybe we need another reset...

Telstra:
Thanks for waiting, we've got your message. We’re currently experiencing significant delays in being able to respond to your message. We’ll respond as soon we can. If you have your notifications turned on we’ll let you know once we’ve replied, so there’s no need to keep the app open.

Michael xxx:
I still have the problem after 5-10 restarts of the router
It's the same after each restart. It will work for 5-10 minutes and then stop working

16 NOV
Telstra:
Hello, thanks for messaging us and we appreciate your patience. I see here that you need assistance with your internet service. Let me get this sorted for you. May I also ask for your full name, date of birth, main business number, best call back number, business address and business account number for the security of your account?

Appreciate your time for waiting. You have been connected to Business Technical Support. I am sorry for the delay in response due to high wait time.

19 NOV
Michael xxx:
Name Michael xxx
Dob xxx
Number xxx
Account xxx

Telstra:
Thanks for messaging Telstra. To get you through to the right person, we'll need to ask a few questions.
Please select your enquiry type.
Your enquiry has been sent to our team and they'll message you back shortly. So they've got your details, let us know your full name and phone number - along with any other questions you may have.

Michael xxx:
Name Michael xxx
Dob xxx
Number xxx
Account xxx
My NBN is down pretty much all the time. After router reboots it sometimes works for up to 10 minutes, but then fails over to 4G. It been like that for a week.

Telstra:
Thanks for waiting, we've got your message. We’re currently experiencing significant delays in being able to respond to your message. We’ll respond as soon we can. If you have your notifications turned on we’ll let you know once we’ve replied, so there’s no need to keep the app open.

Michael Thank you for messaging us. Can you confirm if the issue is with the business account or residential account.

Michael xxx:
Business

Telstra:
I will transfer now.

21 NOV
Telstra:
Really sorry for long wait. If I understood you right, you are having Issue with your Internet. Am I right?

Michael xxx:
Yes

Telstra:
Thanks for messaging Telstra. To get you through to the right person, we'll need to ask a few questions.
Your enquiry has been sent to our team and they'll message you back shortly. So they've got your details, let us know your full name and phone number - along with any other questions you may have.

Michael xxx:
Name Michael xxx
Dob xxx
Number xxx
Account xxx
My NBN is down pretty much all the time. After router reboots it sometimes works for up to 10 minutes, but then fails over to 4G. It been like that for a week.

22 NOV
Telstra:
Hi Michael, thanks for messaging with us. Have you reached out to our NBN technical team to check on your lines?

Michael xxx:
I thought that was what I was doing getting support from here?

Telstra:

Michael xxx:
Name Michael xxx
Dob xxx
Number xxx
Account xxx

Telstra:
I am sorry to hear about the downtime Michael. Can you please confirm the landline where the NBN is attached to? Please include as well your suburb and postcode so I can run a check for any ongoing outage in the area.
Michael xxx:
xxx NSW xxx

Telstra:
There is a planned maintenance in the area but that won't be until Nov 25. Please bear with me Michael and I will get you through our tech team so they can further assist you with this.

Michael xxx:
Thanks

Telstra:

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Impossible Support

Think about it: I buy a service that is not working. For 10 days I cannot call you, I cannot get a useful reply. Business chat is shut down. Can't get through to you even if you claim to be 24x7.

What's the difference between your way of doing business and that of fraudulent businesses? I can't see any difference...

I just signed back up with iiNet Business where I joined from 4 months ago. Will have to live without the 4G backup that was the reason for transferring to Telstra in the first place, but it is what it is I guess!

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

I sympathise with you.

I am confused about your iiNet service as they are owned by TPG which now  Vodafone in Australia. You could transfer all your services to Vodafone if you wished.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Thanks mate, I didn't know that. Bit confused though as Vodafone has a 1,4 rating on Trustpilot and iiNet has a 4,1 rating. Are the organisations merged, or are TPG, iiNet and Vodafone still run as separate companies?

Highlighted

For context, I signed up with iiNET Sunday night 11pm. Already this morning the new service went active and everything working great all day. Well beyond my expectations! Telstra could learn so much from that.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit