annamcgov
Level 1: Cadet

Installing Sierra Wireless - Windows 10

Answered

I have installed Windows 10 and now my Sierra Wireless 4G internet stick is not recognised and can't seem to get it run.  Can someone please help if possible.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Installing Sierra Wireless - Windows 10

If it is the Aircard 320U, Netgear has released a new Watcher App that is Windows 10 compatible.

You can find it here http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC340U/Watcher_Generic_UM.msi

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Houndini
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Quote.."If it is the Aircard 320U, Netgear has released a new Watcher App that is Windows 10 compatible.

You can find it here http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC340U/Watcher_Generic_UM.msi   "'          

Not working on 64 bit Win 10 Desktop......                                                                                                             

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

If it is the Aircard 320U, Netgear has released a new Watcher App that is Windows 10 compatible.

You can find it here http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC340U/Watcher_Generic_UM.msi

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey annamcgov,

Welcome to Crowd Support 🙂

The information that we have available for having this issue worked around can be located at:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband-KB/Telstra-USB-and-Windows-10-Incompatibility...

I would try the link that Jupiter has provided first and then if that does not work to follow the steps that we have listed in the link above.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Houndini

Hi..i posted elsewhere with the same problem,i can't get the generic watcher to work with a Bigpond Acct. and on our Desktop Win 10 there is no Airplane or Celluar mode....Help...TIA..

Houndini
Accepted Solution

Quote.."If it is the Aircard 320U, Netgear has released a new Watcher App that is Windows 10 compatible.

You can find it here http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC340U/Watcher_Generic_UM.msi   "'          

Not working on 64 bit Win 10 Desktop......                                                                                                             

annamcgov

Hi Jupiter

Thanks for your help...very relieved you fixed in 5 minutes for me.

nicksowerby
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Installing telstra Sierra Wireless dongle - Windows 10

The best way of fixing this issue is firstly uninstal the Telstra log in app. Go to Netgear support maker sure you use the other country not america etc. and download the compatable with Windows ten file.[aircard watcher b946Sierra Wireless 4G] i restart your computer. Uninstal the netgear messenger.

Go to settings Network you will see a Cellular item with Telstra 4G along side it. Click and see a connect.

All done.

If you go to device manager and check the details of driver from memory it will be the year 2013 not 2011

Works with Windows 10 64 bit.  Done this a number of times. Works fine.

You can keep the sierra 4g dongle in whilst you do this.

Houndini

Re: Installing telstra Sierra Wireless dongle - Windows 10

Hi..thanks for Info.,downloaded Watcher B4096 but can you elaborate,we still can't get it working on 64 bit Win 10,its a Bigpond modem.Its also a desktop and no cellurar mode and not sure what you mean by deleting Netgear Messenger?,is that the watcher itself.When first installed the Netgear watcher shows modem as Radio..WTF. ..TIA.

JDL65

Thanks Heaps, it worked for me on Win 10 64bit

Bellbuoy144

This fix worked for me, but the modem setup seems unstable as noted below:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Broadband-KB/Telstra-USB-and-Windows-10-Incompatibilit...

After a few reinstalls etc. I have found that the modem will not connect automatically when the computer is started from cold. The dialog box says it is connected but it isn't unless the "WiFi bars" icon appears in the lower RH corner. The browser display is shown from cache only.

If I then do a restart of Windows the modem connects properly.

I am running the Telstra/Sierra 320U USB modem with an external aerial as we are in a country area.

Peter Gross

Tasmania

SeeCureIT

I just had this problem on an Aircard 320U on a Desktop computer. Telstra Mobiile Broadband.  After installing the latest drivers from the download and followed instructions.  I figured out that under settings if I uncheck the box that said start when detected. and I unchecked the check for updates button.  Then I enable NDIS.  It now works but I had to press "connect" in the W10 "Cellular" setting. 

ReidAlot

This watcher download requires a password to extract the file.  Do you know what I need to type in to this field?

BectheTech

I got a 312U card working today with a Generic Watcher from Netgear on windows 10 

Finally

Rosebud1890

Hi, I have recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 on it. My problem is that I can't access the internet on the new computer with my Sierra Wireless AirCard 320U so I can't download the netgear fixit. If I try to access it while on my old computer using Windows 7 it just wants to download it onto this computer. Please help!!!

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Are you able to use your mobile phone as a hotspot for your new computer (or an alternative internet service if one is available) to download the watcher app?

Alternatively, you can download it to your old computer and transfer the file to your new computer via USB stick. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit