AccountingAly
Level 1: Cadet

Internet access one minute - next NOTHING

I am a very frustrated customer right now - I have internet at home that needs to be there for work purposes. Have had it installed three weeks - no issues - the odd powere cycle needed - but thats normal for everyone.

Yesterday came home - switched on laptop - I have a technicolor modem as well - and it was a bit sluggish so I did a power cycle on it - came back on but would only connect to certain websites such as smh.com.au but would not connect to facebook.

Did another power cycle - from that moment on I have had the little yellow exclamation mark in the corner that says no internet access..............

Spent two hours with tech support last night - no results - had a message this morning to say should be fixed - turned on laptop - still no access. Spent another hour and a half on support only to be told that I now have to wait for a techie to come out tomorrow - hence no work to be done at home today.

Has anyone else had this issue???? I have done nothing new to my computer - and I know it is not the computer because the wifi wont send internet through ethernet or through to ipad or iphone or any piece of hardware in the house............how does the internet go from working fine one minute - to be being completely blasted the next! The last thing I was told I could do is turn off the modem for 30 minutes and cross my fingers - gee thanks Telstra!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Internet access one minute - next NOTHING

Power cycles are certainly not normal.  You should just be leaving it on, and NEVER have to power cycle.

Are you really having to switch it on and off, and under what circumstances?

Is your connection stable, and can you post your modem stats.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

AccountingAly
Level 1: Cadet

How do I post my modem stats???? Unfortunately I have no way of logging in at home to any internet at the moment . And there are times where it seems my internet gets flooded and needs a reset...........am hoping something magical happens at home today while I am at work - otherwise I have to wait for the tech guy in the morning :-(
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

You mentioned you have aTechnicolor modem.

You need to connect to 10.0.0.138 and login

It will be the page referring to your broadband connection, and will have a bunch of information on it, including the speed, noise and attenuation on your modem.

It might look like this:

Stats.png

Also, a look at the logs might tell us why your line drops.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit