Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet account has been incorrectly suspended

I went into the Telstra Store at Warwick WA a couple of weeks ago to organise the switch from Bigpond Cable to Telstra HFC NBN.  I was then rung by a Telstra rep from Qld the next day about exactly the same thing.

So on Friday night my internet stopped working as they shout down the old system (?).
My Smart Modem 2 (Arcadyan LH1000) can get a connection and all lights are green, but no connection to internet. In the My Telstra app it says "Your internet service is supended".

I went back into the Telstra store yesterday and according to Telstra records apparently the Qld Telstra rep cancelled my first order and then placed another. Then someone cancelled her order.

I pulled the coax out of the wall and fell back to the 4G LTE service which was for most of Sat running at 20MBps, but then around 7pm fell down to about 256 kbps.

I have been on the Telstra Support chat app four times but keep getting discarded by the Customer Service Rep...or that's how it appears to me.

Do I need to get the Ombudsman involved to try and get this rectified ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: Internet account has been incorrectly suspended

Surely some one will help you.

@Cameroon wrote:

I went into the Telstra Store at Warwick WA a couple of weeks ago to organise the switch from Bigpond Cable to Telstra HFC NBN.  I was then rung by a Telstra rep from Qld the next day about exactly the same thing.

So on Friday night my internet stopped working as they shout down the old system (?).
My Smart Modem 2 (Arcadyan LH1000) can get a connection and all lights are green, but no connection to internet. In the My Telstra app it says "Your internet service is supended".

I went back into the Telstra store yesterday and according to Telstra records apparently the Qld Telstra rep cancelled my first order and then placed another. Then someone cancelled her order.

I pulled the coax out of the wall and fell back to the 4G LTE service which was for most of Sat running at 20MBps, but then around 7pm fell down to about 256 kbps.

I have been on the Telstra Support chat app four times but keep getting discarded by the Customer Service Rep...or that's how it appears to me.

Do I need to get the Ombudsman involved to try and get this rectified ?

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Internet account has been incorrectly suspended

they will never get back to you as you wish, may after a few days, bad service.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit