WhiteCat
Level 1: Cadet

Internet and telephone through are Telstra NBN service in Ivanhoe 3079 is very poor at present

Answered

Over the past 36 hours the internet service and home telephone via our Telstra NBN has been so bad that some web pages and mail messages do not open the the telephone quality is poor with missing patches of voice and has static.

It appeared to improve this morning but then again this afternoon it was bad again.

I tried to resolve it on line using the Telstra on line diagnostic facility but the connection quality was bad that it couldn't work and gave a message that "Our testing is indicating that the connection between non and your premise may not be meeting the range expected for your plan and requires further troubleshooting."

Ant further attempts to perform a speed test failed.

I will have to try and call Telstra by telephone to resolve this and how long will it take to be able to get through and talk to a real person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet and telephone through are Telstra NBN service in Ivanhoe 3079 is very poor at present

Hello, you may wish to check Telstra Outages

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/

Thank you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Internet and telephone through are Telstra NBN service in Ivanhoe 3079 is very poor at present

Hi @WhiteCat 

Have you also tried rebooting the modem?

It does sound like there is a fault on your line somewhere though.

Let us know how you go?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
WhiteCat
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I had re-booted the Telstra modem at the beginning of the problem and that didn't help.

Now our telephone service is very bad as well so it certainly appears to be a connection issue requiring technical service.

The internet is so bad now that I am sending these messages whilst using my Telstra "My Pocket" Wi-Fi Pre Paid broadband device and service, because the web browser is not loading when using the NBN service..

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hello, you may wish to check Telstra Outages

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/

Thank you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit