Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet connection constantly dropping out

Hi,

I have  technician visiting on Tuesday but I wanted to ask just in case it isn't particularly an issue that a technician needs to resolve.

Basically we've had CABLE Internet enabled in the last week or so.  It was a self-install as we had Foxtel a long time ago so the box and connection is still available but it hasn't been used for years.

The issue is when I was watching a Foxtel channel using T-Box every 2 or 3 minutes the streaming would stop.  When investigating the modem lights I found that the green lights would disappear and it would turn to flashing yellow lights and then within 30 seconds or so it would re-connect and streaming would continue as normal again.  There is also similar issue with different timings when for example accessing applications or the TV guide etc.

Just to further isolate I disconnected T-box from themodem and connected a PC and tried to stream Youtube video.  This time it disconnected maybe every 10 minutes instead but basically other than the timing the exact same sequence as the previous example.

Finally I disconnected all devices and just kept a watch on the modem for about an hour and there was no disconnecting and resetting at all - at least the green lights always stayed on and there was never any obvious yellow flashing lights.

In light of this, does it sound like it could be a wiring fault that the technician can fix, or does it sound like a modem issue or similar?

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Internet connection constantly dropping out

Hey goodone,

It sounds like getting a technician out is definitely the way to go there if our Tech Support Team couldn't fix the problem over the phone.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit