youngblood
Level 8: Inspector

- Internet Connection tv/foxtel

Answered

iam having problems at night with constant tv/foxtel flickering cutting out of picture on and off on tv ...its driving me nuts...i have cable and its usually very good but lately my frustration is me now just turning off the tv ....internet is slow,modem is flickering madly..have done the usual reset option several times but it still continues....please dont tell me this is outage or maintenace as this is going on at night....iam a good telstra customer and i love my telstra service but i have had enough..is it fixable or do telstra need to send me a new modem..i have foxtel/ cable /internet and tbox so my account is costly but its not worth it at this point...any suggestions would be appreciated...cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
youngblood
Accepted Solution

Re: - Internet Connection tv/foxtel

thank you but this outage seems to have been going on for weeks and weeks..longest outage i have ever experienced...dont get me wrong i love my telstra service and they always and i mean always look after me exceeding well but this so called outage is frequent at night  and totally annoying... if an ongoing problem i think telstra should advise there customers so us mere mortals dont have to tear there hair out putting up with it...i appreciate telstra always improving my cable technology service to my home but iam paying for several products and want what i pay for to work effectively and when it cant to please let me know to expect a few problems for a period of time...i should not have to be concerned about such things....thank you ...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Youngblood

To ensure that we get you the best advice possible, I am flagging your post with our Social Media Tech Team, who will be contacting you during the day, to assist in getting your service issues sorted. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

youngblood

thank you, much appreciated
youngblood

update......just letting you know that NO ONE from telstra has contacted me regarding my problem, iam now into my second day....thank you

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi youngblood,

Crowd Support does not receive immediate responses and is not designed to report faults. It is an area where customers can assist other customers with some moderation thrown in.

You have not advised of your location, so I am unable to advise if there is an outage in your area or not. 

If you have performed basic troubleshooting such as eliminating WiFi connections, having only one device connected to the modem to perform a speed test, disconnected all of the coaxial cable connectors and removed the splitter if you have one connected. 

If the problem continues then the next step is to contact Tech Support on 133 933 or via Live Chat http://tel.st/gq6m so that they can test your service and investigate further for you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

youngblood

i have done all that..i have also done the live chat thing a week or so ago ....told me it was an outage on the day...problem still persists, tried live chat and tech support again and was 39 in line or cut off .. waited waited waitted got cut off etc so dont even go there...iam no longer on a contract and free to look for other options....oh yes  thank youwestmead is my area

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There is an outage listed in that area. Currently this is expected to be restored by end of business on Monday which is a public holiday. You can check for updates regarding this outage via the Service Status page: http://tel.st/6x6a

- Shelly

youngblood
Accepted Solution

thank you but this outage seems to have been going on for weeks and weeks..longest outage i have ever experienced...dont get me wrong i love my telstra service and they always and i mean always look after me exceeding well but this so called outage is frequent at night  and totally annoying... if an ongoing problem i think telstra should advise there customers so us mere mortals dont have to tear there hair out putting up with it...i appreciate telstra always improving my cable technology service to my home but iam paying for several products and want what i pay for to work effectively and when it cant to please let me know to expect a few problems for a period of time...i should not have to be concerned about such things....thank you ...

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit