Ausworkshop4
Level 3: Gumshoe

Internet constantly dropping out

Answered

Ok I've spent hours on this so far so I need to be brief.

We had a really good fast connection with Telstra for the past 12months, now over the past month we started getting drop outs all the time at random.

We then have to wait for the red light on the modem/router to go green again.

It's become really annoying and I've rang many times and they do all sorts of things to try and fix but I have got nowhere.

Now it seems to have slowed right down to adsl speed instead of adsl2 which we had for 12 months working fine with no drop outs.  A little more reliable but still droping out a lot more than it ever did before.

Further investigation and asking heaps of questions to very un helpful staff I found that these drop outs started to occur at about the exact same time that they made my service a hybrid service.  You would think that would have been the first thing they check but it was only when I prompted them that they actually admitted they had changed something at their end.

What can I do now?  I don't have time to go through all this again with phone staff who don't even realise that this unreliable connection is a result of something they have done.

We haven't changed a thing out our end.  Using the same modem they sent us 12 months ago (which I'm told should work as hybrid)

They offered to send out a technician but it will cost me money and being an intermittent fault I doubt he will find anything wrong with the line if he does a few quick tests.

The phone staff can see that it has been dropping out and agreed with me that it shouldn't be.

So what now? it's been weeks, I was hoping the problem would go away once they realise what they did and put me back to whatever it was before.

I don't have time for this, I pay a premium price and all I get is pathetic service from Telstra.  I'm furious when I read others have gone through the exaqct same thing yet none of your tech staff seem to be aware of this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet constantly dropping out

If they send out a tech, it shouldn't cost anything, normally, unless there is no issue or there is an issue that is inside the property with your own equipment (things that are normally ruled out by the standard troubleshooting).

It may be worth trying the online troubleshooting which will do a line test and line quality test as a part of the process and may result in an error being found: http://telstra.com/fix

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Accepted Solution

If they send out a tech, it shouldn't cost anything, normally, unless there is no issue or there is an issue that is inside the property with your own equipment (things that are normally ruled out by the standard troubleshooting).

It may be worth trying the online troubleshooting which will do a line test and line quality test as a part of the process and may result in an error being found: http://telstra.com/fix

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Ausworkshop4
Level 3: Gumshoe

Well here I am over a month on and still going around and around in circles with Telstra trying to get the same issue fixed.  They keep marking it as solved, I get an sms saying it's now resolved.  The next day I'm back on the phone to Telstra who tell me I need to open up a new case number.  I keep getting promised a call back so I don't have to chase it up and they NEVER call back.  The tecnician has been here at least twice, I've given up on him.  2nd level tech support promise to monitor it, they put me on hold, they try the same fixes over and over and then promise to call back, I then get another sms saying it is resovled. Then I'm told their system is down so they can't generate another case number for 48hrs then they just go quiet on the phone until it finally timed out and cut me off then sent me to your useless survey AGAIN.  How likely am I to recommend Telstra?  I think you should know the answer by now.

It's infuriating.  And I still don't know what else to do. I understand sometimes there can be intermittant problems that are hard to track down but they way they go about it and the procedures they go through just doesn't work, this is no way to handle a customer.  We should get much better service for the premium price we are paying.  I've had it with them, they have had their chance to keep me as a customer, no-one cares!

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time writing this.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit