Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Internet continuously dropping out.

Hi, A few minutes ago I wrote a long description of the problems I was having with the internet dropping out and the appalling problem resolution process has now implemented where you simply cannot get a human being to talk to, Instead you get an automated process that gets you to test for faults, identifies a fault, books a NBN technician, NBN cancels the appointment with nothing is wrong on their side, the incident remains open for some time and then is closed without being fixed. I am now on the second time through the problem resolution cycle. I have an appointment booked with NBN and am expecting it to be cancelled soon with the same response and then onto waiting for the problem incident to be closed once again without resolution.

During writing the previous post I lost the internet connection once again and had to retype the lot all over again.

I do not know what telstra is trying to achieve but customer satisfaction is definitely not on the list of what they are trying to achieve.

Can anyone help me get into contact with a human being  so that I can get this fixed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Internet continuously dropping out.

I have done the same but I rang Telstra after 6pm and got a person to speak to. He told me my modem was an old model but it was working. I got a technician out and he told me to renew my plan and I could get a new modem for free. Sadly this never happened because the Telstra shop said I had to buy one for $216.00 and it wouldn’t make any difference because I should be on satellite and Telstra don’t do satellites. 300 billion dollars was given to give us all internet but so far Telstra have only spent 70 billion dollars. They have a lot of older hardware that they have to use first so we are being put off with outdated equipment until the Liberal government make Telstra 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have been on the phone on hold for 2.50 hours with music, I hung up. Rang back went straight through, heard lots of people talking, I called out hello, they hung up. Called back again, same thing happened, lots of people, person said "Don't answer it" and hung up. I've called again and now back on hold again.

I just need to get a password synched, its changed on webmail, but won't on the client.

Any idea whats going on tonight with the call centre, is there an outage of some sort?

Highlighted

We have a current modem which tests fine each time, according to the Telstra tests. The test keeps coming back with a NBN problem. The second NBN appointment has come and gone with no contact from NBN yet again. The second attempt at getting the problem resolved is now "On Hold" and I have a message to ring the same number I was asked to ring last time which resulted in going through a loop which ended in having to run a self test and another NBN appointment. The quandary is when do I say enough is enough? It is absolutely ridiculous to go through the same process over an over.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

NBN Co is notorious for doing a basic remote line check, not seeing anything wrong at the time (due to it usually being an intermittent problem) and cancel the appointment without actually checking it out properly.

All you can do is request that Telstra rebook as the problem still exists. Eventually they do attend (although it can take multiple attempts). If they cancel 3 appointments in a row, I would suggest lodging a complaint against NBN Co with the TIO (tio.com.au). It's the only way that they will be forced into changing their methods.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have been in an odious and idiotic loop for two days. I ring the support number and walk through the menu options to report a fault. After confirming identity etc I get to a point in the call whereby a recorded message tells me I need to use the My Telstra app to record the fault and instigate troubleshooting. So I open My Telstra and click ALLLLL the various moronic things I have to click in order to display a message saying that the self-help doesn't function with FTTC connections and I need to re-call the number which just hung up on me... Telstra just keeps kicking own goals. I finally got through just now - after a 63 minute wait and an Indian chappy assured me that the drop outs I have been experiencing have been attended to.  I'm not holding my breath.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit