tim_b
Level 3: Gumshoe

Internet cutting out - cable

Hi, 

Since friday 1st march our internet will randomly drop out for 5 minuets or so then come back. 

It will happen at random multiple times during the day, it last happend at around 12:20AM...

There was work on the service status page this morning but has since disappeared from the site.

When i login to the modem to check the status of the connection is as normal, when the internet has cut out and websites wont load, i can ping google.com and sometimes get 1/4 reply, most of the time i get no response.

If i reboot the modem it will take 5-10minuets to come back online and usually errors show in event log 

(see screenshot) before eventually reconnecting. 

Im guessing its something to do with what ever work was being done. My postcode is 3167

Internet connectivity was 100% earlier this week. These problems have occured since i was aware of maintenece. 

Capture2.PNG 

Capture.PNG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
hlamont
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Internet cutting out - cable

Same problem here...have had this twice in the past month, both times Telstra tech support have tried to blame on issue on my end of connection. Coincidentally (or not) both times Telstra have shown network maintenance on the Service Status page at the same times, however have on both occasions denied that this was the cause of connection drop outs.

Zentub
Level 1: Cadet

We moved into this town 8 months ago and the phone and internet were bad back then, I was not even sure of when our service was connected. Phone crackles like mad and internet drops out withnred mlight every now and then almost like its selective. I replaced plugs, splitters, cables, phone, modem, splitters again, had a linesman out to put a new plug on the wall but Telstra had cut two tiles and used cement when they installed the plug so it cannot be changed but he put all new pins and connections in plugged me in and I worked fine for ten minutes. I've isolated everything as neilson home ratings is also connected but has no affect on phone and modem as they didn't install forma few months as we told them of our issues. Now everyone in this town amdmthenajoining one hasnthensame problem with their phones and modems. Telstra try and force people onto using wireless network and mobile but we don't all smoke cigars or light them with $100 bills.
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Zentub

We've asked our Technical Support Team to take a look at your post and see if they can offer any assistance :-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Zentub,

Sorry your service hasn't been great so far Smiley Sad If the line is isolated and the drops and noise are still happening then this would definitely be a fault that our technicians can address. Have you reported this recently?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit