Anthony1949
Level 2: Rookie

Internet Daily Usage

Answered

On the 28th June, Telstra added to my Unlimited Voice - Adavanced account, for being a long time customer, an Internet Service with a limit of 50GB per month as part of my phone bundle. 

My question to you is why is ther shown on my daily usage a use for the following:

Unmetered 23MB,  Download 3MB, Upload 2 MB,  Total Metered 5MB. 

Even though my computer has not been switch on and it is the only device connected to the my Telstra Modem. 

Regards,

Anthony1949

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet Daily Usage

Firstly, I am astounded that you got something for free from Telstra, just for being a loyal customer!!!

Or is it something you actually have to pay for??

Did you get a new modem? The data usage might just be modem updates - in which case that could be removed at a later date..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Anthony1949, while your modem is powered it's normal for there to be small amounts of data flow, 5 MB is about the equivalent of listening to one song online so it's likely just normal trickle data for background applications from the modem communicating with the network.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Firstly, I am astounded that you got something for free from Telstra, just for being a loyal customer!!!

Or is it something you actually have to pay for??

Did you get a new modem? The data usage might just be modem updates - in which case that could be removed at a later date..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Anthony1949, while your modem is powered it's normal for there to be small amounts of data flow, 5 MB is about the equivalent of listening to one song online so it's likely just normal trickle data for background applications from the modem communicating with the network.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Anthony1949
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you Cas-Ra for your reply to my question about the data usage of my Telstra Bundle.

I thought that could be the reason for the small amount of data usage of my internet service.

The only reason I asked the question was to find out why Telstra data usage was being credited against my account, when I was not using there internet service.

Regards,

Anthony1949

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit