scoop12
Level 1: Cadet

Internet keeps disconnecting

Hi

About 2 months ago we signed up to a Telstra NBN bundle. Received and installed Telstra Gateway Max self install kit. Worked great.

Two days ago (23/8/16) we were connected to the NBN through FTTN.  Speed increased as expected going from ADSL2 to NBN 25/5. 

I have 2 desktop computers and my wife has 1.  All are Windows 7.

My internet connections worked fine but my wifes kept dropping out. Had to restart Gateway and computer to get connection again.

As of today (Thursday) all computers lose internet connection (ethernet and wifi).  The only way to get it back is to turn off Gateway modem and computers and restart.  This happens frequently during the day.

Settings on the Gateway modem and computers are the same as they were prior to being told we had been connected to the NBN.

Hope you can help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
AshleyM
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting

Hi Scoop12

Apologies for the delay in reply

Are you still having issues with the service? 

It does sound like you've gone through the recommended for attempting to diagnose initial issues.

For further support on NBN services it is recommended to contact - 1800 834 273

-Ashley

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

scoop12
Level 1: Cadet

Solved.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with a result but I wanted to make sure it had worked before posting.

I ended up contacting Telstra Online Support.

The answer is to RESET the Telstra Gateway modem not just turning it off and on.

This is achieved by pushing a pin or paperclip into the reset hole at the back of the modem and holding it in until all lights go out and then letting it start.

I also as a precaution turned off Windows Power Management on my wifes computer network card  to prevent Windows putting it to sleep.

Thanks for assistance and response.

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Awesome news Scoop12. 

Thanks for not only taking the time to let us know this is resolved, but to also share the solution with others as well 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit