Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet light red on Gateway Max

Answered

Im trying to connect to my new telstra ADSL broadband. It says it should have been active today at 7pm. The Gateway Max shows a solid red LED on the internet light and green on status, WAN, Wifi 2.4 and Wifi 5. I put the info from the card in including pass key when it located my network name.

When Telsra Gateway comes up on my laptop it says there is an issue with internet.. 

I have tried the trouble shooting it suggests including password and username, checking all cable connections and restarting the Gateway, nothing is working. 

I can not find the answer to this issue on the site anywhere and I am worried there is something wrong with my new broadband connection or the Gateway. 

What can I do to solve this? Still using my old vodafone wireless internet at this stage to try and find the answer to this. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet light red on Gateway Max

Try ringing the number in the booklet that came with the Modem (sorry I don't have the number on me at the moment).

It sounds like the line hasn't been provisioned yet.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Try ringing the number in the booklet that came with the Modem (sorry I don't have the number on me at the moment).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. I went into a Telstra shop today and got a new password reset because my password wasnt correct. Now I have a green light but can only connect directly next to the gateway!!!! Smiley Frustrated

@Jupiter wrote:

Highlighted

I assume you mean your Wifi will only connect when you are next to the Gateway.

A few of things to try:

• Make sure there is nothing metal near the Gateway, metal objects will block the signal quite effectively.
  • Place the Gateway as high up as possible (top shelf of a bookcase is great), this helps increase range.
  • Make sure your laptop/phone is trying to connect on the 2.4GHz Access Point, it has a greater range than the 5GHz frequency.
  • If your kitchen is between you and your router, this can cause issues. 1; because there are a lot of metal objects and wires, 2; you probably have a microwave (only an extra problem to 1 when it is on).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit