Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet Not Working

My internet stopped working for no reason, called Telstra and a connection reset didn't fix it. Here are the statuses of the LEDs if anyone has seen this.

F@ST 5355
Power - Green
Wireless - Green
Link - Blue
Online - Off
Phone - Off

After the modem sits for a while, the link light will come on white, then turn green. The online light will then turn white and then green, and both lights will stay on for maybe thirty seconds, and then go out. The link light then comes on again, but remains blue. Sometimes this will cycle through every so often, making it look like it will work, but even when the online light turns green for a while no devices can connect to the internet, but they can connect to the modem just fine.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Internet Not Working

Is your service an ADSL based service?

If so, is there any noise/static on the voice part of the line?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted

Ah I knew I forgot to mention a couple of things. I wish I could edit the post.

I switched to nbn a few months ago and I've had similar issues with the new service but this problem is unique. Also we don't have a phone hooked up but that's never been a problem before.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Check to see if your modem has reset itself (they do it sometimes, don't know why). Go in to thehomepage http://10.0.0.138 and check to see if the PPPoE setting has been enabled. If it has, turn it off as it will be trying to connect the the networkin the wrong manner.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

There used to be PPPoE option somewhere, but I've looked everywhere and now there's no mention of it. Where is it supposed to be?
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Just turn off the nbn box and the Telstra modem. Count to 10 and turn the nbn box on. Then when all the lights are green, turn on the Telstra modem.
Highlighted

That only works for the few who are lucky enough to have an FTTP connection.

The PPPoE setting used to be under Advanced-> Broadband from memory.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit