Level 1: Cadet

Internet not working

My internet is no longer working. I have reset both nbn and modem and the light stays red at the front of the modem. I am having no luck with tech support. When I run a diagnosis test on the app it comes up as an nbn problem. Hellppp

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Internet not working

Which NBN service do you have? Which Telstra Modem do you have (label on the bottom)

If you disconnect the cable from the WAN (or VSL) port of the modem does the indicator at the front of the modem turn blue after a few minutes?

What other indicators are on and what colour - on Telstra Modem and the NBN device? 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 1: Cadet

We have tried everything and the red light is constantly on, orange light flashing and green light on. We have tried calling Telstra trying every scenario just to talk to someone and through Telstra app with no help or reply

Level 21: Augmented

If you have tried all the suggestions, the modem won't go into 4G backup mode and it is still red, then it is likely a modem issue. If you disconnect all devices from the modem except WAN it still shows red? You have nothing plugged into the USB port?

Then you will need to use the My Telstra app, Get Help, and then the blue chat window..  you can try following the prompts, using fault options. If you get frustrated type in Talk to a human (or consultant or person) and you will be put in a queue for someone to contact you - it might take a while to get a response and they will message you back through the app...

Alternatively, if you think your troubleshooting steps makes it clear the modem is faulty, then you can buy another one (which ever brand/model it is) - the Smart Modem 2 devices are available for <$50 on eBay/Gumtree. FB Marketplace - used or even brand new. Never hurts to have a spare even if you do follow through with Telstra to get a replacement.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit