Level 1: Cadet

internet plan change

i recently upgraded my plan from unlimited to premium unlimited with fast speeds addon and it hasnt changed nor has it come up in my order history... and the tracking number doesnt work either, pls help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 21: Augmented

Re: internet plan change

How long ago did you order? When I did the same sort of upgrade it took 2 business days..

If you do a speed test fairly regularly, you should see the change by NBN to premium (the UL speed will change first probably), which has to be done first, then there will another change when Telstra apply the fast addon..

You will also see the change in your My Account, against the Internet service..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 2: Rookie

3 weeks now with the premium speed boost and all it has done is slow my connection now. Complete waste of money  and call center has no answers for me

What plan are you on and what service do you have?

Which 'Speed Boost' did you order - was it SuperFast or UltraFast?

Using Speedtest, what D/L and U/L are you actually getting?

Are you giving the 'call center' any reference number for the speed best?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

<removed>

You should never post personal information like account numbers and addresses on a public forum suc as this one! I'd suggest you edit your post and blank out that information..

You are on the premium boost setup, which is necessary before you upgrade further to the SuperFast or UltraFast options. But be aware that those two options will boost your download speed but more than likely halve your upload speed..  so it depends what is most important to you..

At this stage I am not sure if you got what your ordered? But it looks like it.. 100/40 is the plan speed as far as I know.

Stevo 52

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply I was previously on nbn premium internet $90 a month deal.

I then activated the superfast speed boost,

My bill now went up to $120 a month but nothing has changed no speed boost just an inflated bill.

I only signed up for the $90 a month deal the month before which im sure I was locked in for 24 months.

As for the personal information, Thanks for letting me know. I really couldn't care less who gets a look at it. 

Where do I go to edit my post? I had a quick look didn't see an edit tab.

Also I appreciate your quick reply and help.

Cheers,

Darren

The three dots on the top right of the message will allow you to edit a post within a certain time..  but you used an image? so you will need to use an image edit to blank out the sensitive info.. you'd probably have to post again and ask a moderator to remove your initial post if edit time is passed.

Telstra plans are month to month these days, if you have your original CIS, have a look at what you are promised in that.

Stevo 52

Cheers mate no edit option in the 3 dot area, No stress.

And cheers I do have the cis

Here is a pic of the plan I was on prior to activating the superfast speedboost 

Thanks again.

It's all there - you pay that monthly price if you stay connected for 24 months..  but it is a month to month plan Smiley Frustrated

Smoke and mirror stuff - it is presented that way to allow you to compare plans between providers (as a 24 month cost).

If that is what you have just taken out, then you shouldn't be paying the full cost, because of the @$20/mth credit , so $100/month for 12 months then it is $120/month..

That said, the plan offer and inclusions seem a little out of kilter with each other on the Telstra website..

Stevo 52

@Outdazzled  were you a new customer, or an existing customer upgrading? 

Stevo 52

The Super Speed option is actually Premium speed is 100/4 'Evening Speed' , which is what you have.. the old Speed  Boost option..

There are now two further Speed Tiers - SuperFast (up to 250 Mbps down/25 Mbps up) and UltraFast (up to 1 Gbps down/25 Mbps up - more like 500+Mbps down/25 Mbps up)..  the higher downloads are offset by the reduced u/l because the channel assignments need to be changed. 

To get either Super or Ultra fast, you MUST have premium in the first place..

https://www.telstra.com.au/help/critical-information-summaries/personal/home-internet/telstra-bundle...

Click on the availability link to find out if you can get the two other tiers (at extra cost)..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit