Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Internet plan changes

Why is Telstra forcing me to a more expensive internet connection?

I have tried ringing..."sorry we are all concern but cant take your call..." tried to log in to My Account and change it that way...no can do..."you must use the app"...

Why?? Downloaded the app but you have to do the full identity check...God this is My Account Im signed into why should I have to go through any of this...Telstra's greedy money grab by changing everyone's plans during a pandemic without asking anyone,  when no one can speak to them ...TYPICAL!

I'm just trying to stop something that Telstra hasn't asked me about from happening!

Why should I pay more because someone at Telstra thinks this is better for me...Give me a break!!

Why cant anyone at Telstra answer a phone?? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: Internet plan changes

Brilliant service isn't it?

A telecommunications company, that can't/won't communicate, profiteering from people's misery during a pandemic and then not being there when you need help..

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

exactly the same here - the plan they are forcing me onto is:

- over 50% slower max speed than i am currently receiving

- costs $15 more per month

- i currently have a $10 a month discount attached to my account due to gross negligence on the part of telstra which is being apparently wiped because im moving to a different plan

have you tried talking on the chat app? ive had 4 - 6 different people discuss with me - its been going on for over 24 hours and still going - wont let me speak to anyone and wont let me raise a complaint to speak to someone

Highlighted

Having the same issues here. Tried calling 3 times. On one of these calls I asked to cancel my plan. An automated voice told me to go to the Telstra app, then hung up on me. They sent me a text to “message Telstra” then hung up on me.

I’ve tried messaging Telstra. I’ve tried the message service through the app. No replies.

They are moving my plan to “unlimited” for another $11 per month, but they’ll discount it by $5! Wow. How selfless of them.

I didn’t ask for my plan to be changed, thank you very much. I can downgrade to the 500gb, which is half the allowance I am on now, for $4 less per month. Wow. How’s that for value....

Highlighted

"I can downgrade to the 500gb, which is half the allowance I am on now, for $4 less per month. Wow. How’s that for value...." 

Don't forget that the 500GB plan is also half the speed (nbn 25 rather than nbn 50)!  Same issue for me.

Highlighted

I received a letter from telstra advising the same and spent two days trying to contact them to no avail.

Reading the help pages I noted the financial difficulties section and rang 132200 and said "financial Difficulties" and was connected almost immediately. The typical operator answered using a written reply but I was able to get further info and promptly cancelled my service.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit