AJ808
Level 1: Cadet

internet speed appears to be slow

hi how is everyone going?

i really hope someone is able to assist me

i recently signed up to TELSTRA BUNDLE EXPLORER® 200GB and it was quoted up to 30mb download speed

i am currently receiving 7.9mb  dl speed and 0.3mb upload speed and an actual download speed of 700kb tested with the one provided by telstra.

the reason i feel my speed is below what it should be is because my previous provider with a much older plan received and actual download of 1.5mb and this was with cable. i have upgraded technology but my speed has dropped nearly 50%

im hoping it is a simple step or measure in regards to boosting my actual download speed not the line speed of 7.9mb

information if needed

i am running cat6/gigabit connections direct line to the router on a high end pc

and my actual location is under 1km from an adsl exchange

if you need more information or can help me i would really appreciate it!!

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Extreame
Level 20: Director

Re: internet speed appears to be slow

In reply: @AJ808

Try this: http://goo.gl/aNeG7

It helps to also include your modem model, networking equipment and associated connected devices.

Report back with a screenshot of your findings Smiley Happy

AJ808

hi thanks for the quick  response and sorry for the lack of info

my modem model is the T-gateway( Technicolor TG797n v3) it is the only networking equipment i have

i ony have one computer connected to the modem when downloading and it is from the gigabitport with a cat6gigabit cable.

i also switch off wi-fi to prevent any inteference from other users etc

here is a screen shot of my speed test with the method you suggested to a t

the screen shot says unregistered version because i used a program to take mulitple screens and have uploaded my best result   jdownloader etc were registered

Untitled.png

i appreciate the help

regards

Extreame
Level 20: Director

In reply: @AJ808

Let me say that JDownloader is a free download client, it never needs to be registered, so I suspect that you downloaded a non genuine version. DU Meter has a 30 day trial period.

I strongly recommend downloading the client from this site ONLY: http://jdownloader.org

I am not the person to be getting involved with ADSL, I can only help with Cable & networking issue's. Sorry.

So I will leave this for someone else.

AJ808

Thanks for the help either way. All the speed tests I have done have achieved the same result across the board so I'm satisfied that all the tests have been quite accurate. Thank for what help you could provide hope someone else can put me in the right direction

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit