Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Internet still not working

Answered

I’ve recently moved to a new city and placed a move order for April 24 on April 13th. Telstra still hasn’t completed the order! I’ve been in contact with them multiple times and they’ve given me the “it’ll be connected within the week” brushoff twice and the “within 48 hour” response 5 days ago. I spent 2 1/2 hours with Telstra over the phone and was told they would call me back within 2 hours and now 2 days later no call. I’ve put in a complaint with the telecommunications Ombudsman and they figure they get the issues resolved on average in 10 days but that’s another 10 days! Hopefully it’s not “Telstra days” or it’ll be never resolved! It’s cost me $100 for the moving fees, a month’s billing for a service I didn’t get, not to mention I’m doing online schooling which is costing me money weekly that I can’t access. Telstra has told me that there’s no issues with the lines or equipment and they need to simply activate the internet (and the landline) to complete the order. They’ve put in a request for an ITAM and the NBN tracking tool says the request is on hold and they need more information and there it just sits..help?! I’m beyond frustratedSmiley Sad 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet still not working

Problem solved! I had a phone convo with “Simon from Melbourne Telstra” and through his patience and unwillingness to give up found the problem! In the bottom of the NBN box on the wall there are 4 ports for the UniD. In the setup they instruct you to insert the WAN cable (red end) into port one..that was the problem! As a last resort, “Simon” suggested trying each port and “giving it a minute”. Port two was the solution...soooo annoyingly simple! Worth a shot if you’re having the same issueSmiley Wink 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15: Special Agent

Hi Trevor,

Sounds like your having a bit of a hard time with Telstra atm, the situation that you have atm is not as uncommon as all the Telco's (NOT JUST TELSTRA) would like you to think it is (another words your not alone). if you have raised a complaint with the telecommunications Ombudsman, then normal Telstra staff, cant touch your case as it goes to a specialized team.

so you should be contacted within the next 48hr on a standard business day. I understand your frustration. been there my self, it's more nbn's fault, than telstra. pm me for more usefull tips than i can provide here.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Problem solved! I had a phone convo with “Simon from Melbourne Telstra” and through his patience and unwillingness to give up found the problem! In the bottom of the NBN box on the wall there are 4 ports for the UniD. In the setup they instruct you to insert the WAN cable (red end) into port one..that was the problem! As a last resort, “Simon” suggested trying each port and “giving it a minute”. Port two was the solution...soooo annoyingly simple! Worth a shot if you’re having the same issueSmiley Wink 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

That's excellent @TrevorF01,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit