Level 1: Cadet

Internet

Answered

Am I able to have the same account to run two households on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet

It should be possible, but it might be an accounting nightmare for Telstra to get right. There would need to be proof of residency at both locations I think and then special attention would be needed to make sure the billing went to the right place.

Under present circumstances what you want may be above the paygrade and/or ability of any customer service reps (or Codi) that you would reach via the My Telstra app but you could try.

Your best option would be going to a Telstra Store if there is one open in your vicinity during any Covid restrictions. it used to be possible to make appointment online (use the Find a Store option at the bottom of most Telsta webpages), to get around the walk-in wait times because the stores seem to be real busy, but not sure if that is functional right now.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

It should be possible, but it might be an accounting nightmare for Telstra to get right. There would need to be proof of residency at both locations I think and then special attention would be needed to make sure the billing went to the right place.

Under present circumstances what you want may be above the paygrade and/or ability of any customer service reps (or Codi) that you would reach via the My Telstra app but you could try.

Your best option would be going to a Telstra Store if there is one open in your vicinity during any Covid restrictions. it used to be possible to make appointment online (use the Find a Store option at the bottom of most Telsta webpages), to get around the walk-in wait times because the stores seem to be real busy, but not sure if that is functional right now.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

Level 23: Superhero

At the end of the day, you'll need a motivated Telstra person to do this, and the stores being largely franchised won't get any financial recompense by such a tedious procedure unless you buy some sort of new contract from them.   If you live near a capital city eg Melbourne, usually the very big main city CBD stores are still corporately owned, and most are more likely to process a complicated procedure for which they don't get any payment.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Technically you could have the two services appear on the same bill, they would still each need to have their own service plan. You can't have a service plan that covers two premises.

I would recommend against having them appear on the same bill because if you need to cancel one or the other later on, the risk is there that the wrong service will be cancelled (have had to try and help someone sort that out in the past).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I have services on two properties and on a single bill, so i can manage them from a single point. It's worked well for quite some time (years) but possibly because I am a bit of a pedant when it comes to dealing with organisations like Telstra, especially with new services, upgrades or cancellations.

The only issue I ever have, is getting things delivered from Telstra - 40% of the time it gets sent to the wrong address (usually the one furtherest away and unoccupied quite often) - I just have to keep a close eye on delivery tracking and intercept it that way..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit