KA73
Level 1: Cadet

Internet

I called Telstra to fix a slow internet issue and they ended up stopping the internet all together. Could someone please help me reconnect to the internet. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Internet

@KA73 wrote:

I called Telstra to fix a slow internet issue and they ended up stopping the internet all together. Could someone please help me reconnect to the internet. 

Hi @KA73 

Have you tried rebooting your modem?

The only way to solve your issue otherwise is to contact support. No one at Crowd Support has access to customer accounts.

You can ring support on 13 22 00 during business hours if you don't want to use the messaging system in the My Telstra app.

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t... 

Note: If Codi (Chat system) keeps going around in circles type "Chat to a consultant"

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Dowser
Level 20: Director

What makes you say that it is stopped?.

- are the indicator lights on the modem functioning?.

There is a Troublshooting page that might assist you https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/fix/what-to-do-if-your-broadband-service-is-in...

KA73
Level 1: Cadet

The lights on the modem are on but the internet lights are red. He went through the process of going to 10.0.0.138 asked me to enter my details in the log in section. As I couldn’t remember my password he gave me a new one and the internet has been red since. 

Dowser

It’s possible that the Support person misread the new password to you.
You will have to repeat the reset password process.

Be sure to write rite new password down and test the internet connection while still in contact with Support.

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Did it end up being a Password issue @KA73?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit