Ca163
Level 2: Rookie

Internet

So I have made many phone calls about my internet dropping out.   Nothing has been working.   Someone was to come out and fix it.   Home all day and no one showed.    Then another phone call. Was told some was going to come out on Monday and yet again no one showed no phone and still no internet.   Is this problem ever going to get fixed?    I still have to pay my bill every month for no service.     

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Internet

You can claim a credit for the time that you had no (or limited) service, but only after full service has been restored (unfortunately).

It's not uncommon for NBN techs to be a no show, and the only way that Telstra knows about it is when yuo call back up to tell them.

What type of connection are you on (ADSL, FTTN, FTTC, FTTP, HFC, FW), which modem model do you have (begins DJ or LH, on a label near the ports), and what happens when the internet drops out (do the lights on the modem change, does the phone drop out)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ca163

I am so sick and tired of giving this information every time.  Can’t you listen to one of my many calls.   As I am only going to have to give u this information next week when nothing is fixed.   I think it is time to make a complaint to the ACCC.  

Jupiter

You do realise that Crowdsupport is a customer to customer support forum and not an official Telstra Customer Support Forum? I do not work for Telstra.

Nobody here can access your account or listen to your calls (that can only be done through a formal complaints process with Telstra and only then usually if you have a complaint about a specific interaction with a consultant). Even the Telstra Moderators who monitor this site can do very little to assist, as they are limited in their interactions in this forum due to Privacy Rules.

You can lodge a formal complaint to Telstra via https://telstra.com/complaints and if that doesn't get your problems resolved, you can lodge a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman via https://tio.com.au

The ACCC can't help and they will redirect you to the TIO.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ca163

Ok thank u.    I seem to get the same answer all the time from any way I try to get help with my internet.   Thank u anyway.   I am now just looking into finding a new company to change my internet too.   

Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

How will changing Internet Service Provider help when the fault could an NBN issue?

SteveW_52

Depending on which modem you have ( @Jupiter asked this), you may have 4G Backup available, which you could use to help diagnose if it is an NBN internet service fault (wired), or a fault in the installed hardware (modem etc.)

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Ca163

I would have to get some help from Telstra to get the problem fixed.   Still no help still no internet.   Telstar still the number for no service.     

SteveW_52

Are you actually trying any troubleshooting? and you still aren't providing any details..

CrowdSupport will try an help where we have information to work with, try to help you help yourself, but you have a part to play also, other than just complaining...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ca163

Do you have a case reference number there? I'll follow up on the progress of the fault.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ca163

The case number is INC16395479

Kunal1
Support Team
Support Team

Did we have a word with the support team above?

- Kunal

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit