dadfa1
Level 1: Cadet

Introducing Telstra Broadband Assistant

I have downloaded and installed as directed but nothing appears to happen.  All that happens upon clicking the shortcut is a new browser window opens (www.telstra.com)

Can someone tell me how this is supposed to work please

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Introducing Telstra Broadband Assistant

Hi dadfa1,

Telstra Broadband Assistant is a software application that constantly runs in the background with the ability to detect, diagnose and proactively let you know when there's a problem with your service. It then provides step by step instructions to fix it fast.  So, if for some reason, you do lose your connection to your modem, the Telstra Broadband Assistant detects this and helps you get back online as soon as possible.

The Telstra Broadband Assistant will help with many common connectivity issues.  

The key items the desktop application resolves are:
  • Connectivity issues driven by incorrect network, browser, and modem settings
  • Physical diagnostics and step by step instructions on unplugged phone or LAN cables
  • Wi-Fi set up issues and passwords
If you can't resolve your connectivity issues with Telstra Broadband Assistant and need to speak to a Technical Support consultant, the consultant will also have access to advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting tools to help them fix the problem quickly and efficiently.

More information on  using Telstras' Broadband Assistant.
Download it here:  Get Telstra Broadband Assistant

Hope this helps,
BenD

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mikposm
Level 1: Cadet

udidnt even answer his question................ im having a problem where the application is just stuck at starting telstra broadband assistant, this probably wont be answered anyway

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Mikposm,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with the Broadband Assist service Smiley Sad

The two things that I would have completed is to ensure that the program has been authorised and allowed access via your firewall settings so it can access the internet and other files and complete the work correctly for diagnosis on any issues.

The second thing to do is have the cache and temp files for the Explorer service cleared and then re-start the service to see if this works. If you continue to have issues then contacting the BigPond tech team would be best on either 133933 or via Live Chat at: http://tel.st/gq6m with both options being available 24/7. -Dingo

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ClaudeB
Level 2: Rookie

I downloaded this tool today and have experienced the same problems that many other people have reported IE nothing seems to happen, other than being taken straight to Telstra's normal web page when I click on the installed desktop icon.

I can only find vague information on what the application does. 

Disabling the firewall, cleaning the cache, rebooting etc has no effect.

Without any form of visibility, and with little information to reassure the user, I have uninstalled the application.

Perhaps Telstra can have another go at re-launching this feature - there seems to be plenty of negative feedback to warrant this.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit