Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

IP Address blocked by Telstra?

I have a url I am unable to access - it is a community page and it appears to have been blocked? I get the following error when I try to access from my home nbn network, but can access from my 4G phone. Help please as I wish to update the site.

Your connection to this server has been blocked in this server's firewall. You need to contact the server owner for further information. Your blocked IP address is 101.173.52.166 This server's hostname is mel-s28r.hosting-service.net.au

http://hillscircleoffriends.org/

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: IP Address blocked by Telstra?

That sounds more like their host has blocked the Telstra IP address you have been assigned, that can happen for a few reasons.

You could try turn your modem off for a few min and turn it back on and if you are on the standard setup of dynamic IP address you should get a new one and that might work (the website is working for me in Adelaide on NBN so it isn't a Telstra Wide issue), or you could report the IP address to the admin and they can follow up with their host provider to see if it can be removed from the blacklist. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi Fireorchid.

I had no problems accessing the site.

i like the poem 

“Home” by Warsan Shire

as its a cpanel site,  the resoved address for your ip displays "If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@mel-s28r.hosting-service.net.au"

and the ip only returns a too long response. 

this is tipical for shared hosting sites as there are many domains on one server so the url becomes importaint.

it is possible that your ip is being blocked by rules on the site. to get a different ip restart your modem, and you will be assigned a different ip. if you can continue access after the restart, check your admin logs to see if your current ip is in the blocked list.

bundybob

----------------------------------------------------------

NOT a Telstra Employee

--------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Tahnk you both for your replies. I have tried "turning it off and on again" - both the modem and my laptop, including clearing all history - the error I'm getting is still the same one with the same IP...

I've contacted the site admin to see if the IP is blocked.

So it's definitely not a Telstra NBN issue?

Thanks

Highlighted

If it was a Telstra wide issue it'd apply to more than one single connection. That error is suggesting it is an issue with the specific IP address which is likely it has been blocked by the hosting provider.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit