Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

IP Address blocked

Answered

For over a week now I have been unable to send or receive email from an email server, or see any website hosted by the same server.  I can when using a 4G connection, or an Optus Connection, or...  but not through my ADSL modem.

The server's IP address is not blocked by Spauhaus, neither is the website domain.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how was it fixed???

As I said it's been over a week now, and calling Telstra has not helped at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: IP Address blocked

Hmm, if Jeff is able to access the site from a Bigpond connection I am wondering if perhaps 'you' have been blocked from that IP as opposed to the other way around.

Is it a service you operate?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Are you able to provide the website address for testing?
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted

Highlighted

This works perfectly fine for me, however I'm an iiNet customer for my internet services.

Are you able to go into Command Prompt (if need be go into Run and type in CMD).

Then run "ping www.limefm.com.au"
Then run "tracert www.limefm.com.au"

I do also see that there are 82 domains hosted on the same server/IP address. I'm wondering if perhaps one of those is blacklisted in some way and the IP address itself has been blocked.

Highlighted

I'm on Telstra Bigpond and it comes up lightning fast for me too. 104.9 FM.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Neither work.

However, it will work through a third party website...

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hmm, if Jeff is able to access the site from a Bigpond connection I am wondering if perhaps 'you' have been blocked from that IP as opposed to the other way around.

Is it a service you operate?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'll float that with the owner of the server...

Highlighted

Thank you for your help, it was on the server end.

My apolgies to Telstra.

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's what makes Crowd Support great. Here we are able to help solve things that are a bit 'out of the box' for scripted tech support. Glad to hear it's all sorted Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit