scotty899
Level 2: Rookie

IP Blocked for Play station Network access on Bigpond cable

Good morning,

I am currently battling between Telstra tech support and Sony support. Both companies are saying each other are blocking my IP from accessing Play Station Network. The error code is WS 37397-9 . I have gone through a multitude of Fixes. From using a DMZ to bridging my modem. I am on Cable broadband so my MAC address is locked in and IP is dynamic. After some redditing and research it appears as though ISP's are using a cheap 'hacker protection'. Telstra using MGNAT which identifies my connection status as hostile and blocks me from accessing PSN from my cable network. I can tether my phone to the ps4 and log in but only access some content. I am about 1 step away from reporting all this mess to Ombudsman. I am pay for a product from both ends and being blocked for no reason. I am not alone and many other users are starting to get the same error.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: IP Blocked for Play station Network access on Bigpond cable

It seems to be a problem on the Sony side of the conversation and has been affecting people around the world for some time.  It is Sony's systems where the blocking is occurring, not the Telstra systems.

Read more about it in a My 2016 article here http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/05/26/psls-help-desk-ps4-ws-37397-9-error-fix/#/slide/1

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
scotty899

They did an check on their black list and my IP wasn't on it. Is there any other check I should be asking them to do. I am just so over the bull***.

scotty899

Yeh look. That was my first google search to....4months ago. Bridging the modem was only a bandaid option. Again you are passing the buck. I will have to take this further. 

Jupiter

I'm not passing the buck. I don't work for Telstra, just here trying to assist, like a good number of other customers are.

Honestly, there is not much Telstra will be able to do about it. The problem is with the way that Sony has set up their system. They are the ones blocking the connection to their servers and it isn't just to Telstra based connections. It is happening all over the world.

You could try the TIO, but that sort of problem is outside their realm of expertise and jurisdiction.  In order to make a complaint to the TIO, you will first need to lodge a formal complaint with Telstra by ringing 132200 and asking for complaints. You are then technically supposed to wait for them to propose a solution in a reasonable time and then you can lodge a complaint with the TIO. Without the formal complaint in place, the TIO can't do much (or anything, unless it is very serious).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
scotty899

Apologies, 'Crowd Leader' comes off as a Telstra employee. I filled out the TIO online form today. I have pretty much done everything except make a complaint with Telstra..damn. But in the complaint was for both companies to talk to each other to fix the problem (unlikely to happen) as I was told by Sony that is what they would do in support emails (obviously never happend). I will have to call Telstra and make a formal complaint. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit