sohomel
Level 2: Rookie

IPv6 Setup

Answered

I am a residential Telstra NBN(HFC) user and i have just upgraded my telstra router to asus ax88u.

I was wondering whether i can turn on IPv6 in the router? does Telstra NBN support it for residential users?

Also what's the proper settings I should put in, like Native, Static, Passthrough, or Tunnel.

Further more, the new router does not have phone socket like Telstra smart router, how can I connect my phone to the NBN, I could not find phone port on the NBM modem neither.

and it seems i lost Telstra backup feature (on sim mobile broadband) without a Telstra modem.

Any suggestion from users who have third-party router?

Thanks in advance!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: IPv6 Setup

Ipv6 should be enabled and set to Native.

If you need a phone service you will need to connect a Telstra modem to a LAN port of the asus ax88u. You would also need to disable SIP ALG in the asus ax88u.

How to Disable SIP ALG on the ASUS DSL-N16 and ASUS DSL-AC55U Modem Router [SureVoIP Support]

View solution in original post

sohomel
Accepted Solution

really appreciate your answer.

I enabled IPv6 on AX88u, How can I tell I get IPv6 wan address? I have checked "network status" which still shows a IPv4 addrss.

cf4
Accepted Solution

The AX88u should have both a IPv4 and IPv6 on the WAN. If it doesn't you might have to disconnect the WAN port for a few seconds and then reconnect WAN port. You can check if IPv6 is working correctly at site below.

IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test (ipv6-test.com)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Accepted Solution

Ipv6 should be enabled and set to Native.

If you need a phone service you will need to connect a Telstra modem to a LAN port of the asus ax88u. You would also need to disable SIP ALG in the asus ax88u.

How to Disable SIP ALG on the ASUS DSL-N16 and ASUS DSL-AC55U Modem Router [SureVoIP Support]

sohomel
Accepted Solution

really appreciate your answer.

I enabled IPv6 on AX88u, How can I tell I get IPv6 wan address? I have checked "network status" which still shows a IPv4 addrss.

cf4
Accepted Solution

The AX88u should have both a IPv4 and IPv6 on the WAN. If it doesn't you might have to disconnect the WAN port for a few seconds and then reconnect WAN port. You can check if IPv6 is working correctly at site below.

IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test (ipv6-test.com)

sohomel

verified successfully. heaps of thanks.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit