beccy15
Level 1: Cadet

Is it possible to add 802.11ax router to telstra Technicolor TG800vac

I have been looking at something like a D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router since my new system supports wifi 6, and I would like to utilize the speeds but unsure if I would get anything out of trying to add this in. Or is it just necessary to wait for a smart modem gen 3.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Is it possible to add 802.11ax router to telstra Technicolor TG800vac

You can add the D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router. If you have a NBN FTTP, FTTC, HFC, or Fixed radio connection the D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router can be connected directly to the NBN NTD.

If you need a phone service connect TG800's WAN port to one of the D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router LAN ports. Set D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router as per page 29 ( IPv4 Dynamic IP (DHCP)) and page 43 (IPv6 Auto configure (SLAAC/DHPv6)) of manual.

Change LAN IP address so that it is not in the same subset as the D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router (192.168.0.xx Advanced > Local Network)

If you have a FTTN or FTTB connection connect D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router's WAN port to a LAN port of TG800. Use same configuration in D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router.

Turn WiFi off on TG800.

If you don't need a phone Bridge the TG800. (Advanced > Local Network > Network Mode)

If you do need a phone set D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router in DMZ of TG800 (Advanced > WAN services > DMZ) and change LAN IP address so that it is not in the same subset as the D-Link EXO AX AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router (192.168.0.xx Advanced > Local Network)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit