BlakeYZ
Level 1: Cadet

Is the 5G Home Internet Plan good for gaming?

Answered

Just wondering if the 5G home internet plan is going to be good for gaming, I'm little unsure weather the internet commecting is coming from the wall or is it coming from the 5G tower like phone reception?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Is the 5G Home Internet Plan good for gaming?

5G internet is a cellular service - it comes from the towers. So you need to ensure you have good sight to the nearest 5G tower and decent signal quality, to get the best from any 5G service..

All things being equal, 5G should be OK for gaming but it is a wireless service and towe congestion might cause dropouts for instance..

The other consideration is the amount of data likely to be required, I don't thnk there are any unlimited 5G data allowances yet, so excess data might prove costly (and be used up quickly)..

You need to do some research if that is your main reason for 5G. Streaming will be similar...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Re: Is the 5G Home Internet Plan good for gaming?

5G internet is a cellular service - it comes from the towers. So you need to ensure you have good sight to the nearest 5G tower and decent signal quality, to get the best from any 5G service..

All things being equal, 5G should be OK for gaming but it is a wireless service and towe congestion might cause dropouts for instance..

The other consideration is the amount of data likely to be required, I don't thnk there are any unlimited 5G data allowances yet, so excess data might prove costly (and be used up quickly)..

You need to do some research if that is your main reason for 5G. Streaming will be similar...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit