Gundo
Level 2: Rookie

Is there really a need to move over to NBN?

Answered

Hi All,

So tired of the marketing phone calls and mail about the impending doomsday prophecy of landlines being terminated. I currently have Telstra Bigpond Cable and Foxtel all delivered by HFC to my house. The landline is no longer used as we all have healthy mobile phone plans and associated WiFi calling via our smartphones.

If the landline phone service is being terminated in October and we don't need it...is there any reason why we have to have NBN installed given that Foxtel and internet services delivered by cable are unaffected?

Regards,

Gundo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Is there really a need to move over to NBN?

The old Cable and Foxtel services will be disconnected after 18 months. Foxtel is moving customers to Satellite connections or there on demand service called Foxtel now, that requires and internet connection. You will need to move to an NBN service or mobile broadband service as your cable service will be disconnected roughly 18 months after NBN is available in your area.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
343GuiltySpark
Accepted Solution

The old Cable and Foxtel services will be disconnected after 18 months. Foxtel is moving customers to Satellite connections or there on demand service called Foxtel now, that requires and internet connection. You will need to move to an NBN service or mobile broadband service as your cable service will be disconnected roughly 18 months after NBN is available in your area.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Gundo
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Guilty....so the 11 October date issued by mail only applies to the landline services.
A separate deadline will be issued for cable and Foxtel services?
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Cut off date is the same for both internet and landline. There not be a separate notice for cable.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit