Dwarfboysim
Level 2: Rookie

Issue getting to site via NBN but not Mobilenet

Having problems getting to www.rail-master.com via my Telstra NBN connection. It just times out. If I try the same site using my mobile as a hot spot for the computer I can get to it.  See below a tracert taken when attached to my NBN vs a tracert taken when connected to the mobile network.  Can Telstra Tech support update DNS or something to correct this?

Via Telstra NBNVia Telstra Mobile Network

Greg Eames
-----------------------------------------------------------
I sit looking at this damn computer screen all day long, day in and day out, week after week, and think: Man, if I could just find the 'on' switch...- Zachary Good

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Marty_M
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Issue getting to site via NBN but not Mobilenet

Suggest you clear the history in your browser. Make sure you select “For all time” and not just clearing the last hour or day of history.

If that doesn’t work try clearing the DNS cache by opening command prompt and type command 

ipconfig /flushdns

If that doesn’t work you need to provide further details on your Operating System and which browser you use.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you tried turning your modem off for a few minutes and then back on so that it gets a new IP address on the WAN. Your current IP address might be blocked by the sites administrator.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Part of the problem may be that the site is set up rather badly. If you go in using http://www.rail-master.com is won't work (and it doesn't redirect). If you go in via https://www.rail-master.com it will work.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dwarfboysim
Level 2: Rookie

Modem has been power cycled recently.  I had someone else at a different house who also has Telstra NBN try and they had the same problem

Greg Eames
-----------------------------------------------------------
I sit looking at this damn computer screen all day long, day in and day out, week after week, and think: Man, if I could just find the 'on' switch...- Zachary Good
cf4

Was able to log into site using https but had the following warning. This could be the reason you can't access the site from Telstra Broadband. 

"Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.rail-master.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: miltonkeynessymphonyorchestra.co.uk, miltonkeynessymphonyorchestra.com, miltonkeynessymphonyorchestra.org

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit