Level 1: Cadet

Issue with Mobile Mode on Smart Modem Gen 2

Answered

Hi everyone. First time poster here.

I have an ADSL connection with a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, and with all the rain recently, the ADSL has gone down (confirmed at the telstra outages page). However the mobile back up is VERY slow. Like 60 seconds to load google homepage. 

I called Telstra support yesterday (mainly about the adsl outage)

Mobile mode and mobile connection lights on the modem are green.

My mobile phone gets good 4G signal in the same room.

ADSL cable pulled out of modem.

Speed test gives 0.03 MegaBits/Sec. Yes this shocked the Telstra tech a bit. He could not explain why, But the ADSL was "due" to be resolved by 6pm last night (the call was at 4pm) so I though I could just wait. 

The ADSL was still down this morning and checking the outage page, scheduled resolution is now 7pm on Monday 21st. so if I could fix the problem with mobile mode that would be very nice. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Issue with Mobile Mode on Smart Modem Gen 2

Mobile backup gets throttled to 256 Kbps (0.3Mbps) if used for long period of time. Looks like your 4G backup has been throttled. Suggest you contact support and request throttling be removed.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Mobile backup gets throttled to 256 Kbps (0.3Mbps) if used for long period of time. Looks like your 4G backup has been throttled. Suggest you contact support and request throttling be removed.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Finally got through to support last night. Checked this morning and it had been unthrottled. ~5Mb/s.

Thank you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit