Clem1
Level 1: Cadet

Issues with net gear cg 3100d

Hi all just wanting to share my experience with you on December 17th I had an online chat with a persone at telstra regarding getting a bundle put in place to make things cheaper .

Now that is the worst thing I ever did because its been nouthing but problems.

During  the online chat I agreed to a home phone telstra ultimate cable 500 gig plan  as we already had cable it was just an upgrade and  also foxtel by  telstra to we had foxtel but was offerd iq fromTelstra.

Well on December 18th got a text with my home number no proubs a week later I rang telstra to see when foxtel was coming after bring transferd to several different people I was told there was no foxtel order and that they would have to create one sure I understand one mistake were all human .

I then asked the lady when the new modem would come she assured me once foxtel was connected everything would come well after foxtel was completed i wait a few days and then chat on line  to telstra about the modem now turns out there was no order for that either apparently the online consoltent miss understood I got a bit frustrated but hey all good ensured modem would be sent out via express  post.

Well a week later with still no modem I ring telstra only to be told that the express post parcel was lost and that they would now have to create a new order.

Last  Friday 4/1/2013 the new modem arrives after several attempts to hook up and connect to the net I ring telstra as the install cd says can not connect to bigpond first guy says that I need to make sure the cords are right and give it anouther go any issues to ring back well issues galore.

The online light wont stay solid there for we have no net finally a lady said our account is still in provisioning and to wait till 8pm last saterday 5/1/13 so we waited and waited nouthing changed I rang Sunday morning 6/1/13 to see when I'll be able to get online was told a technition  will need to come out organized an appointment shouldn't have any issues after that .

Today 8/1/13 the tech guy came fixed it it worked for 3 hours then stopped again rang telstra got the usual we understand how you feal was told a secound leval support persone would ring me tonight before 8 pm and if they didn't would get a call from that consoltenf telling me when they will ring so at 8.10 pm I ring telstra only to be told that ill need to wait for the secound level persone to call they couldn't tell me when .

its been 4 days and counting with no net and over 20 phone calls .

Then they send me the bill online saying about the new bundle  charged from 18-December well 18 January I have lodged a complant within telstra am yet to hear back but I don't think I should pay full price for a bundle not completed if you have any ideas on how to fix the modem then please respond 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Issues with net gear cg 3100d

Cool wall of text, bro. Needs more punctuation.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Clem1
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks has now been edited so its easier to read
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

… I don't think I should pay full price for a bundle not completed

I agree with you there. If a Bundle comprise multiple services, and not all the services are being provided for the entirety of the bill period due to technical faults, outages and/or delays in provisioning, then the customer should not be out of pocket for the full monthly price of the Bundle for that bill period. I'd be calling Telstra and demanding a commensurate proportion of the Bundle monthly price (which is usually billed in advance) to be credited back, if I was without one or more of the services in my Bundle for 10% or more of the bill period.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit